Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1
grapefruitmoon
macrumors newbie

Mac Pro hangs on reboot

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help. I've got a 2008 Mac Pro, 6Gb RAM. The machine works fine when I boot it cold (if its not been on for an hour). But if I try to restart, or switch it off then try to turn it on again after a few minutes, it hangs on the Apple screen. Booting into verbose mode, I can see it always stops after "macx_swapon SUCCESS".

I've performed memtest, removed and tried each memory stick, and also taken out the drives and tested each one.

I'm stuck with this, and annoyed as it stopping me from installing updates (I'm on 10.7.5 IIRC). I can't figure out why it boots fine from cold. Any ideas folks??
grapefruitmoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help