|Jun 13, 2013, 10:20 PM||#1|
New mini.....wifi connection problems....
got my wife a new ipad mini and the wifi connectivity is giving me problems. I have the wifi on and "ask to join networks" off.
I go to the screen to select my home network, enter the pass phrase and it connects., but the "choose a network" spinner ( the little icon that spins when the computer is thinking) just keeps spinning. We turn off the ipad and then back on and we have no more wifi connection.
Then, when i go back to settings and click our home network, i have to enter the password again........
|Jun 14, 2013, 08:27 AM||#2|
Here are a few things I found which could help you resolve your problem
1. Turn Off your iPad. Then turn Off (disconnect power cord for 30 seconds or longer) the wireless router & then back On. Now boot your iPad. Hopefully it will see the WiFi.
2. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi and turn Off. Then while at Settings>Wi-Fi, turn back On and chose a Network.
3. Change the channel on your wireless router (Auto or Channel 6 is best). Instructions at http://macintoshhowto.com/advanced/h...-wireless-netw ork.html
4. Go into your router security settings and change from WEP to WPA with AES.
5. Renew IP Address: (especially if you are droping internet connection)
• Launch Settings app
• Tap on Wi-Fi
• Tap on the blue arrow of the Wi-Fi network that you connect to from the list
• In the window that opens, tap on the Renew Lease button
6. Potential Quick Fixes When Your iPad Won’t Connect to Your Wifi Network
iOS 6 Wifi Problems/Fixes
Wi-Fi Fix for iOS 6
How To: Workaround iPad Wi-Fi Issues
Another Fix For iOS 6 WiFi Problems
Wifi Doesn't Connect After Waking From Sleep - Sometimes increasing screen brightness prevents the failure to reconnect after waking from sleep. According to Apple, “If brightness is at lowest level, increase it by moving the slider to the right and set auto brightness to off.”
Fix For iOS 6 WiFi Problems?
Did iOS 6 Screw Your Wi-Fi? Here’s How to Fix It
How To Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue After Upgrading To iOS 6
iOS 6 iPad 3 wi-fi "connection fix" for netgear router
Apple's iOS 6 Wi-Fi problems
How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal
Troubleshooting a Weak Wi-Fi Signal
How to Fix a Poor Wi-Fi Signal on Your iPad
iOS Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398
iPad: Issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3304
WiFi Connecting/Troubleshooting http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/wifi/
How to Fix: My iPad Won't Connect to WiFi
iOS: Connecting to the Internet http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1695
iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199
How to Quickly Fix iPad 3 Wi-Fi Reception Problems
iPad Wi-Fi Problems: Comprehensive List of Fixes
Connect iPad to Wi-Fi (with troubleshooting info)
Fix iPad Wifi Connection and Signal Issues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwWtIG5jUxE
Fix Slow WiFi Issue https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=60&tstart=0
How To Fix iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue http://tinyurl.com/7nvxbmz
Unable to Connect After iOS Update - saw this solution on another post.
Note - When troubleshooting wifi connection problems, don't hold your iPad by hand. There have been a few reports that holding the iPad by hand, seems to attenuate the wifi signal.
Wi-Fi or Bluetooth settings grayed out or dim
still waiting to buy an iPhone 5
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.