Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
Hello, I just ported my number over from sprint to verizon, I am have major issues with data, the speeds I am getting are from .20 - .70 mbps, called verizon and they verified that I should be getting at least 8-10 minimum, they swapped out the sim card to no avail, did a network reset and a full restore, no dice. I am going back to get a new phone tomorrow but if this is known issue with verizon I may go back to sprint until I can find another carrier. thanks

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Hello, I just ported my number over from sprint to verizon, I am have major issues with data, the speeds I am getting are from .20 - .70 mbps, called verizon and they verified that I should be getting at least 8-10 minimum, they swapped out the sim card to no avail, did a network reset and a full restore, no dice. I am going back to get a new phone tomorrow but if this is known issue with verizon I may go back to sprint until I can find another carrier. thanks

It could be a problem with verizon in your area... does anyone else have an lte phone in your area on verizon?

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
It could be a problem with verizon in your area... does anyone else have an lte phone in your area on verizon?

Yes sorry I forgot to mention it, verizon in my area reaches speeds of about 18mbps download. Also I forgot to mention, that I am getting these speeds over wifi also, only slightly better, about 1.20 mbps, I have my old sprint iPhone 4s so I connected that to my wifi and ran the same test and got 21mbps which is why I am leaning towards a device issue.

thanks again

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
My Verizon iPhone 5 was having some LTE issues a few weeks ago. Could be they're doing some work in your area. They tried the same fixes with mine. It fixes itself a few days later.

Could also be because Sprint is pretty exclusive about their phones, so it may not work as well on Verizon as it would on Sprint. An actual Verizon phone would probably fix that.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
My Verizon iPhone 5 was having some LTE issues a few weeks ago. Could be they're doing some work in your area. They tried the same fixes with mine. It fixes itself a few days later.

Could also be because Sprint is pretty exclusive about their phones, so it may not work as well on Verizon as it would on Sprint. An actual Verizon phone would probably fix that.

This is an actual verizon phone, I still have my sprint phone also, sorry for the confusion. I did an comparison of speed tests over wifi on both and it seems that the verizon phone not only has issues over LTE but wifi also.

----------

Hold on.
So you're having slow wifi issues or Verizon LTE issues?

Both-The slow Wi-Fi is only with the Verizon phone not with my laptop or any other phones

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
I think you may be correct the funny thing is Verizon was being pissy with me telling me I need to send them the phone and then wait on a replacement-i told him the phone is a few hours old absolutely not either you replace it or I'm canceling the contract And Apple stated that if I took it to the Apple Store they would replace it with a refurbished one which is also acceptable

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I think you have 15 days to return it and get a full refund.
Then you can buy another one or just have somebody at the store give you another brand new one.
Or if you go to Apple you will get a replacement.
You got a full 1 year warranty on it.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
This is an actual verizon phone, I still have my sprint phone also, sorry for the confusion. I did an comparison of speed tests over wifi on both and it seems that the verizon phone not only has issues over LTE but wifi also.

In that case I would guess that it's an issue in your area. Not sure about the wifi thing. The geniuses told me that unless you can't get a signal at all, then it's probably a carrier issue. You can try to get a replacement, but it will probably be a refurb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.