Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmort

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
Southern CA
I updated to 10.4.3 and ran all of my maintenance scripts/repaired permissions/etc afterwards. All seemed fine until I popped in a data CD. This is one in a series of CD's (video lessons in MPEG format). As you can see from the attached photo, the first folder opens, but there is nothing in there. That folder should be full of video files. Other CD's seem to work fine, but I've tried other CD's in this video series, and I get the same result with all of them: a folder with nothing in it.

Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this and how I could fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    77 KB · Views: 89

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
jmort said:
I updated to 10.4.3 and ran all of my maintenance scripts/repaired permissions/etc afterwards. All seemed fine until I popped in a data CD. This is one in a series of CD's (video lessons in MPEG format). As you can see from the attached photo, the first folder opens, but there is nothing in there. That folder should be full of video files. Other CD's seem to work fine, but I've tried other CD's in this video series, and I get the same result with all of them: a folder with nothing in it.

Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this and how I could fix it?

Thanks
Did you make these CDs or did someone else make them, or are they lesson CDs from your Text book? Have you tried them in another PC or Mac yet? You have looked at these CDs before upgrading, right?

jmort

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
Southern CA
varmit said:
Did you make these CDs or did someone else make them, or are they lesson CDs from your Text book? Have you tried them in another PC or Mac yet? You have looked at these CDs before upgrading, right?

I didn't make them, they are lessons that accompany a textbook. They DO work in my PC, and yea, I've been looking at them on my PB up until they stopped working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.