Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1
mrpiii
macrumors newbie

Has your MBA shipped?

I ordered a MBA as soon as the online store opened after the Keynote, 10 June. It said shipping in 2-4 Business Days. My credit card has been charged and the status for two days has been and still is, as we pass 4 business days, Preparing for Shipment. I'm a bit irritated. The TC I ordered at the same time has arrived, also from China. Has anyone who ordered a MBA from the online store actually received their MBA?
mrpiii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:12 PM   #2
racer1441
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpiii View Post
I ordered a MBA as soon as the online store opened after the Keynote, 10 June. It said shipping in 2-4 Business Days. My credit card has been charged and the status for two days has been and still is, as we pass 4 business days, Preparing for Shipment. I'm a bit irritated. The TC I ordered at the same time has arrived, also from China. Has anyone who ordered a MBA from the online store actually received their MBA?
Ordered Monday came Wednesday.
racer1441 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Neeyul
macrumors member

Ordered BTO Tuesday and just shipped this morning. Delivery estimate with FedEx standard puts it at Thursday, but hopefully will get it sooner.

They're shipping both UPS and FedEx.
Neeyul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 09:17 PM   #4
unknownfps
macrumors member

Quote:
I also ordered right after the Keynote ended and when the Apple Online Store got back up.
I bought the i5/256/8gb
Mine came in today at 10 am from UPS.

Surprisingly, I did standard free shipping but I got an express shipping, free of charge! So that's probably why I got it as early as possible for someone who lives in the Southeast. The expected date was next week thursday, I'm glad it came way early! It's amazing, and the battery life made it more awesome! It's perfect.
unknownfps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 09:32 PM   #5
kap09
macrumors 6502

Ordered a 13/i7/8gb/512 on Wednesday and I've also still got 2-4 days. Getting pretty desperate here myself...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:41 PM   #6
mcru21
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeyul View Post
Ordered BTO Tuesday and just shipped this morning. Delivery estimate with FedEx standard puts it at Thursday, but hopefully will get it sooner.

They're shipping both UPS and FedEx.
Same here.
mcru21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:10 PM   #7
RyanF2009
macrumors member

Ordered 13/i7/8GB/512GB on Tuesday. Still hadn't shipped yesterday so I canceled it and went to the Apple Store and picked up the same model there...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:43 PM   #8
mj1108
macrumors 6502

We've been talking a bit about shipping in the sticky at the top of the forum.

I ordered mine Monday afternoon a few hours after the keynote. It was slated to be here Monday but then got changed to Tuesday. Here's to hoping it still somehow shows up Monday.
mj1108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:14 AM   #9
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a

Ordered 13"/i7/8GB/128GB MBA on Monday, 1/2 an hour after online store reopened. Selected free standard shipping. Apple delivery estimate June 18 - 20. UPS delivery estimate June 17 by 10:30am. Actual delivery June 14 at 10:25am, 94 hours after ordering.

Unfortunately I think the OP is the exception - I'm sorry.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 05:33 AM   #10
RowellE
macrumors member

Ordered BTO 13"/i5/8gb/128gb.

Ordered Monday when the Apple store was back up. They estimated the 18-20 for delivery date. Laptop left Shanghai, China on Wednesday and UPS estimated delivery on 17th.

From China it went to Kentucky then for some reason went to Alaska then back to Kentucky before finally making its way to Seattle at my door on Friday morning at 10:30am.

Box said UPS express shipping which I didn't pay for. I just selected the free shipping, so that was cool. Got my Air 2 days after it shipped. Not bad at all!
RowellE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:32 PM   #11
musika
macrumors 65816

Just got the shipment notification this morning for my BTO 11"/i7/8GB/256GB. Unfortunatly with FedEx. They say it's gonna be here on June 20th (ordered on June 12th with an estimate of June 19-21).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:43 PM   #12
technowar
macrumors 6502

Pardon my ignorance, but what's BTO?
technowar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:50 PM   #13
Danboard
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by technowar View Post
BTO="Build To Order". I understand your ignorance; took me some time to realize the meaning too!

Ordered mine on the day of the Keynote but changed the specs the following day. I received my Shipment Notification June 14 and will be expecting delivery on the 21st. BTO 11"/i5/8GB/256GB.

I hope the OP will get a Shipment Notification soon. It can be irritating when you read about other's orders being shipped while waiting for one.
Danboard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 02:00 PM   #14
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by technowar View Post
ha, i didn't know either
DisplacedMic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 03:45 PM   #15
jjfcpa
macrumors member

Order a 13" i7/8/512 shortly after the keynote and I've been tracking it on Fedex website. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, the 18th.
jjfcpa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:57 PM   #16
RowellE
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfcpa View Post
Order a 13" i7/8/512 shortly after the keynote and I've been tracking it on Fedex website. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, the 18th.
Aww, you could have gotten that config at the Apple store on Wednesday.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:04 AM   #17
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowellE View Post
In all fairness he/she may not live close to an Apple Store....
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:38 AM   #18
RowellE
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepCalmPeople View Post
In all fairness he/she may not live close to an Apple Store....
Well yeah.. Obviously my comment was for if he or she lived near one. If he or she doesn't, then my reply does not apply.

Anyways, I think anyone who orders ultimate versions online should automatically get a free upgrade to fastest shipping.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 09:20 AM   #19
jjfcpa
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowellE View Post
I know. I checked my order status with Apple that morning and was going to cancel the order and just go to the Apple store and purchase, but it had shipped already. I didn't want to buy one at the Apple store and then send the shipped one back. That wouldn't be fair to Apple. I only live about a mile away from the Apple Store at Village Pointe - Omaha.

I'll just be patient till Tuesday. I'm leaving town for a week on the 25th so as long as I get it in time to migrate everything from my rMBP 15", I'm good.
jjfcpa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:24 PM   #20
TC25
Banned

Quote:
There's already a thread about this and it's even a sticky so it's hard, but clearly not impossible, to miss. Click Here.
TC25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air