Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:25 PM   #1
sir.byrd
macrumors newbie

Facetime grey bar issue

I have a new MBP with 10.8.3 and all updates installed, and whenever I go from fullscreen to windowed view when using facetime, I get gray bars on the top and bottom of the video feed, the window is forced into portrait regardless of how you had it set before going fullscreen. I installed a recent OSX update that fixed the problem for a couple days, and now it's back. Wondering if anyone else has this issue? There is no way to fix it on my end, the only fix I have found is to have the other person rotate their view to portrait, then back to landscape.
Pardon the silly faces.
sir.byrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:23 PM   #2
sir.byrd
macrumors newbie

Just realized that I hadn't downloaded 10.8.4 yet, doing that now.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:42 PM   #3
sir.byrd
macrumors newbie

Okay, updated, and it's not better. I should add there is a secondary problem where when I try to initiate a call from Messages on my computer (using the button) the call will almost never go through on the first time, it gets hung up as "connecting" but if I cancel and call right back it will go through. Facetime is turned off on my iPhone, so that's not the issue.

I've found that if I turn on facetime first and then make the call that it tends to work a bit better, but it's still not 100%. Very annoying because Facetime and Messages are important apps to me.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store