Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:50 AM   #1
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

The Gov't says we can't be trusted with guns

Our own Government officials are telling law abiding citizens they can not be trusted with firearms, yet we are sending support(ammo and possibly anti-tank munitions to Terrorists in Syria?

At the same time we discover they are spying citizens phone calls and using its power(IRS) to pressure political groups they do not like.

This seems pretty messed up to me.
lostngone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 02:40 AM   #2
Merkava_4
macrumors 6502

The U.S. Government is getting more and more paranoid everyday. They're afraid an armed population is going to overthrow them. Why would the U.S. citizens want to overthrow the U.S. Government? Well, maybe when the public finally comes to terms with the fact that the U.S. Government brought down the Twin Towers with a controlled demolition using thermite explosives, they'll finally realize that maybe it's time for a new government.
Merkava_4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 04:22 AM   #3
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Mods can we change the title to "The Miscellaneous Conspiracy Thread"?

Along with taking guns off of civilians and the WTC being an inside job I'd also like to add the faked moon landings, climate change, obamas birth certificate, vaccines, chemtrails, morgellons, and tupac to the discussion.

Edit: I almost forgot Paul McCartney.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 04:24 AM   #4
Peterkro
macrumors 68020

Much as I'm not a fan of Governments at all it seems by the evidence available that in this case this particular government may well be right.
Peterkro is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 08:54 AM   #5
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostngone View Post
Our own Government officials are telling law abiding citizens they can not be trusted with firearms, yet we are sending support(ammo and possibly anti-tank munitions to Terrorists in Syria?
Syria, for the last 43 years has had two presidents, the late Hafiz al-Asad followed by his son Bashar al-Asad who were approved in elections where there was no opposing candidates. Even though Syria considers itself a republic it is actually run under an authoritarian regime.

The current conflict in Syria has cost close to 100,000 lives and the Syrian government has been connected to the use of chemical weapons which is a violation of international law. Under these circumstances the U.S. is considering arming the rebels.

How is this anything like what is happening in the U.S.?
citizenzen is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andy View Post
Mods can we change the title to "The Miscellaneous Conspiracy Thread"?

Along with taking guns off of civilians and the WTC being an inside job I'd also like to add the faked moon landings, climate change, obamas birth certificate, vaccines, chemtrails, morgellons, and tupac to the discussion.

Edit: I almost forgot Paul McCartney.
See, it's naive folks like you who make it easy for the government to do all this stuff and get away with it.

Smarten up!

I saw a video clearly showing that the government wants you to believe the Easter Bunny and Sasquatch are myths. If they can convince you they don't exist, then many nefarious deeds can be committed, and you will think it's just that stuff happens.

Wake up and smell the coffee...

(I really liked that coffee part!)
Old Jun 15, 2013, 09:52 AM   #7
SkyBell
macrumors 603

Quote:
Our own Government officials are telling law abiding citizens they can not be trusted with firearms,
We're doing a pretty thorough job of proving them right.

Quote:
yet we are sending support(ammo and possibly anti-tank munitions to Terrorists in Syria?
And this is related...how exactly?
Blueberry iBook G3, Apple IIc
SkyBell is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Our own Government officials are telling law abiding citizens they can not be trusted with firearms
By all means keep propagating conservative GOP lies.
Huntn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:17 AM   #9
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:

At the same time we discover they are spying citizens phone calls and using its power(IRS) to pressure political groups they do not like.

This seems pretty messed up to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava_4 View Post
The U.S. Government is getting more and more paranoid everyday. They're afraid an armed population is going to overthrow them. Why would the U.S. citizens want to overthrow the U.S. Government? Well, maybe when the public finally comes to terms with the fact that the U.S. Government brought down the Twin Towers with a controlled demolition using thermite explosives, they'll finally realize that maybe it's time for a new government.
You guys do realize the majority of the "government" is just normal people like you and me? Government workers aren't the boogie man.
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:30 AM   #10
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Cool story bro.
Attached Images

iMikeT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:40 AM   #11
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
Syria, for the last 43 years has had two presidents, the late Hafiz al-Asad followed by his son Bashar al-Asad who were approved in elections where there was no opposing candidates. Even though Syria considers itself a republic it is actually run under an authoritarian regime.

The current conflict in Syria has cost close to 100,000 lives and the Syrian government has been connected to the use of chemical weapons which is a violation of international law. Under these circumstances the U.S. is considering arming the rebels.

How is this anything like what is happening in the U.S.?
I am not saying his regime isn't authoritarian. I am saying it isn't any of our business what happens there.

You claim Syrian government has been "connected" to chemical weapons use. I have not seen any scientific evidence of chemical weapons use other then our government said so.

Even if they did break international law as you claim this would be for the U.N. to deal with, not by the U.S. sending aid to terrorists!

Again, the U.S. Government over steps its bounds. They make claims that we the people can NOT to be trusted with these weapons but hey, Syrian terrorists and the mexican drug cartels seem to be trustworthy enough to get handouts from our own Government?!?!?!
lostngone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:00 AM   #12
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I am not saying his regime isn't authoritarian. I am saying it isn't any of our business what happens there.
Okay. But that wasn't the point of your OP, which is what I was responding to.

Quote:
Again, the U.S. Government over steps its bounds. They make claims that we the people can NOT to be trusted with these weapons but hey, Syrian terrorists and the mexican drug cartels seem to be trustworthy enough to get handouts from our own Government?!?!?!
Here you venture into tinfoil hat territory again.

1. the government has not claimed U.S. citizens can't be trusted with guns.

2. the government has not handed out guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Any sources to these claims would be appreciated.
citizenzen is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:36 AM   #13
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Okay. But that wasn't the point of your OP, which is what I was responding to.

Here you venture into tinfoil hat territory again.

1. the government has not claimed U.S. citizens can't be trusted with guns.

2. the government has not handed out guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Any sources to these claims would be appreciated.
1. Obama has gone on record saying he wants a permanent ban on assault style weapons. Do you think the ammo we are sending to the Syrian terrorists are going to be loaded into single shot rifles?

2. See: "fast and furious scandal" I call it a "handout" because the U.S. Government told law abiding gun store owners to look the other way and continue selling firearms to people they should not have.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:00 PM   #14
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:

You claim Syrian government has been "connected" to chemical weapons use. I have not seen any scientific evidence of chemical weapons use other then our government said so.

Even if they did break international law as you claim this would be for the U.N. to deal with, not by the U.S. sending aid to terrorists!

Dude, you appear to be lost in some FOX News, WorldNet Daily, Breitbart, TheBlaze.com vortex of talking points that have all been debunked yet you want to see science about chemical weapons used in Syria.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:10 PM   #15
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
1. Obama has gone on record saying he wants a permanent ban on assault style weapons. Do you think the ammo we are sending to the Syrian terrorists are going to be loaded into single shot rifles?
Even in your wildest dreams, do you believe it's the intent of the Obama Administration to restrict you to single shot firearms?

Quote:
2. See: "fast and furious scandal" I call it a "handout" because the U.S. Government told law abiding gun store owners to look the other way and continue selling firearms to people they should not have.
That's a very distorted view of F&F.

I could elaborate. But seriously, why bother even trying?
citizenzen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:13 PM   #16
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Dude, you appear to be lost in some FOX News, WorldNet Daily, Breitbart, TheBlaze.com vortex of talking points that have all been debunked yet you want to see science about chemical weapons used in Syria.
Dude, what talking points have been "debunked".

Yes I want proof is that too much to ask for?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:18 PM   #17
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Bill Mayer calls it The Conservative Bubble but I like the idea of "vortex" where everything is swirled around to distort it.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:23 PM   #18
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Even in your wildest dreams, do you believe it's the intent of the Obama Administration to restrict you to single shot firearms?
Yes, I think if they thought they could pull it off they would ban all firearms. I know people like Feinstein wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The only reason she isn't all over the Santa Monica shooting is because she is too busy trying to explain away the illegal NSA information gathering scandal at the moment.

Quote:
That's a very distorted view of F&F.

I could elaborate. But seriously, why bother even trying?
"distorted" Was my statement incorrect?

Last edited by lostngone; Jun 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:55 PM   #19
quagmire
macrumors 603

Quote:
Do you even know what an assault rifle is?

Even if he did get his way and ban assault rifles, it won't be illegal to own semi-automatic weapons( which it sounds like you think so by that single shot rifles)...... All it would mean is you can't buy a gun that looks like an M16, etc.

I think the push to ban assault rifles is stupid.... Ban the modifications to it that can make it fire like an automatic, but not the weapon itself.
Penn Station-New York

Last edited by quagmire; Jun 15, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
quagmire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:01 PM   #20
Huntn
macrumors 604

I'd like to know how many thousands must die by way of a gun before those in leadership positions will acknowledge a problem. Let's pick a number...
Huntn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:05 PM   #21
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I'd like to know how many thousands must die by way of a gun before those in leadership positions will acknowledge a problem. Let's pick a number...
Thousands? Make that millions...
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:12 PM   #22
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
All it would mean is you can't buy a gun that looks like an M16, etc.
Waaaa?!??

Are you saying they are banning firearms because of the way they look.

Yes, I know the real definition of "assault rifle", I also know the gun grabbers definition as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fisie.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	417728  
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:26 PM   #23
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
"distorted" Was my statement incorrect?
Before I explain, I'll limber up by beating my head against a brick wall.

citizenzen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:35 PM   #24
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Yes, I think if they thought they could pull it off they would ban all firearms.
You lad have a basic distrust of government. What is your view of an ideal country?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 02:09 PM   #25
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
You lad have a basic distrust of government. What is your view of an ideal country?
That is unthinkable, they will always find something. A lot of people live on making and hearin conspiracies.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues