Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peter2002

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2002
Dallas, TX
If they really want to make the iPod better and more competitive, Apple needs to upgrade so it can play QuickTime videos with a new color screen, bigger HD, and make it play games like you can on the new cell phones.

I haven't seen any rumors like this here, but I suspect Apple is working on such a device. I think Creative has a device that play videos, MP3s.

Pete

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
This has been discussed before.

I believe that if something like that happens, Apple should split the iPod into two products. An MP3 player, the iPod of today; and a multimedia edition with color screen, etc.

The first could develop into a MP3 player/phone/PDA combo, and the latter as a DV storage/digital (video?)camera/MP3/Framistan enabled multimedia doohickey.

I am afraid trying to squeeze too much into one product might defeat the purpose of being intuitive, sleek and efficient.

$.02

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
while it would be nice for alot of the features mentioned to be added, a bigger hard drive isn't really necessary. 20GB is more than plenty.

also, as zarathustra said, more features would inevitably complicate the iPod, which has become known for its no nonsense design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.