Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys,

Just an update... I, like many of you, wanted to keep my 5G video ipod nice and scratch free. So I searched around and then I found the iDiddy. It looked to be made of a material similar to the invisible shield, and was almost half as much. So... I bought it.

In a few words, this product sucks. I coudn't quite get it to align well and so when i peeled it back up, it stretched out and was no longer usable. Furthermore, they include a "cloth" to wipe your iPod off with. They might as well have given me sand paper.

The invisible shield was a far better experience. The best part about it is that if you apply it and aren't satisfied, peel it off and try again. Eventually it'll work out. The tabs are annoying to pin down, but all you need to do is wait until the main part dries and then seal down the tabs. It looks great too.

Just wanted to throw my two cents out there for any prospective buyers.

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
thanks for the info...though it's not always true, it seems that this is one case where you get what you pay for, huh? i, for one, would rather spend an extra $10 more to protect a $400 ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.