Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 15, 2013, 01:52 PM   #1
simie
macrumors 6502a

Maverick Server Edition

I was just wondering if Apple will update its server OS to Mavericks well after using Google I found this on Mac Daily News.

Here is the article

OS X Server "Mavericks" to offer new iOS management

Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Along with the splashy announcement of OS X Mavericks on Monday, Apple quietly announced that there will be a server version as well, in keeping with past practice. It will include new iOS 7 management features in Profile Manager, as well faster delivery of apps to iOS 7 and Macs. http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/

OS X Server's Profile Manager (introduced with Lion) distributes software and settings to iOS devices and Macs. The new version will support iOS 7 and OS X Marvericks clients with "an array of new management features."

Caching Server will be bumped to version 2, adding support for iOS 7 and improving speed. Caching server keeps a copy of a download (including updates) from the App Store, the Mac App Store, and the iTunes store. When another user needs the update, Caching Server sends it to the user instead of the user downloading it from the Internet.

The new server version will also include new features in Xcode Server for iOS and Mac software developers. Apple said Xcode Server will supply "continuous integration, testing, and repository hosting services."
Old Jun 15, 2013, 04:02 PM   #2
mighty93
macrumors newbie

There is a preview version

They do have a preview version here
https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/resources/

But I can't download it because I just have iOS Developer Program.

But in order to download the OS X Server Preview, you need a Mac Developer Program..

I want it!!!!
mighty93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:40 AM   #3
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Sounds.....

as an interesting way to manage iOS devices. Would try it.....

Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Mr Rabbit
macrumors 6502a

The App Store caching will be a very nice addition!
Mr Rabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking