Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like iOS 7?

• Yes, I like it overall

Votes: 209 78.9%
  • No, I don't like it overall

Votes: 56 21.1%

• Total voters

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Right, I have seen lots of positive and negative posts about iOS 7 and would like to condense the results down to one thread, yes I know there are a few similar ones, but not an overall one.

It's simple, I'm not asking if you think it's perfect, I'm asking if you like it overall. There may be some parts you don't like but you like iOS 7 overall or they may be some parts you like but dislike iOS 7 overall.

Basically, dismissing hardware, will you be sticking with iPhone / iPad due to software?

Feel free to leave a comment but make sure you vote! :)

Last edited:

joneun

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
I like the idea of it, but I think it's unpolished, and I hate it's current look.

I would not use it the way that it looks now.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'll be better able to answer when it's no longer in Beta...I don't feel that making judgements at this time makes too much sense, IMO.:D

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I'll be better able to answer when it's no longer in Beta...I don't feel that making judgements at this time makes too much sense, IMO.:D

But there aren't going to be any drastic changes in the final release, it will just be a polished version of what we have now pretty much.

AppleBoyFreak

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Kentucky
While the over all design may not have that expensive Apple look that we love, iOS 7 definitely feels more futuristic and enjoyable. I kinda wish Apple would've made iOS 7 as a fusion between iOS 6 and the current iOS 7. With that said, I still like iOS 7.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I thought the icons were jarringly ugly at WWDC, and when I first installed ios 7. After using it for almost a week, I've actually come to like the look of 7 a lot. The icons seem to fit better together (except safari, which I still hate). Sure, there's bugs with the beta understandably, but I'm really liking it now. I can't wait til b2 is released. Hopefully there's some battery improvement.

Strang0r

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
I really like it after only a couple of days use. Looking forward to the next beta once they squash a few of the bugs

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
I like it but one thing they really need is something like F.lux for looking at the phone at night. It can really be blinding.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
But there aren't going to be any drastic changes in the final release, it will just be a polished version of what we have now pretty much.

Thats simply your assumption. Nobody knows what Apple will do as the betas progress. With Apple now more open to users feedback, I suppose they will try their best to make it universally agreeable for users, like what you said.

inthamixxx

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
my battery drains out faster with iOS7 and certain apps crash as soon as you launch them.

i don't like the new itunes - it defaults to opening apple radio (which i don't like as well). i also don't like how the album artwork looks on the screen when it's locked (it shrinks and it's too small).

other than all these minor issues, i have no other negative comments.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Thats simply your assumption. Nobody knows what Apple will do as the betas progress. With Apple now more open to users feedback, I suppose they will try their best to make it universally agreeable for users, like what you said.

It's not my assumption. They showed off iOS 7 and how it looks at WWDC, they have a webpage dedicated to the design etc. Yeah sure, some app icons may change here and there but overall it will be a polished version of what we have today.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not on the beta, but from what I've seen from the keynote, what I've read from various sites and of course what I see here leads me to think that iOS7 is a good step up from iOS6.

Change is difficult, people complain that IOS6 is stale then when apple goes and makes changes many people complain saying that's not what they meant ;)

No matter what apple did, people would be complaining. I'm happy apple has decided to move away from skeuomorphism, and the features being shown off appear to be rock solid.

As I said I'm not using the OS, so its my opinion based on what I've read and seen

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Well, I guess it's true. More people come onto forums to complain than they do to praise.

Most of the threads are negative, but this poll shows that over 3/4 people like iOS 7!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.