Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jun 15, 2013, 03:41 PM   #1
amandamdenardo
macrumors newbie

Brand Advice: College/Macbook Pro 13 Case

I finished upgrading my RAM and upon removing my Speck case I noticed that it had left what appears to be very small burn marks on the unibody of my Macbook Pro. Since the broken corners of the case have already warranted a replacement, I wanted to see what other brands are out there. I have gone through 3 Speck cases since 2011 and am looking for a brand that fits the following criteria:

Fits 13" Macbook Pro
Slim and durable, appropriate for a college student
Does not add significant bulk or weight
Fair price. If it is over $60 there needs to be a good reason.
Will withstand 2-3 years of use without cracking/fragmenting; this is the issue that I had with all of my Speck cases.

Thanks!

Side note, if anyone knows how to clean the unibody of my Macbook due to the "burns" from the Speck case, please message me/link me to a thread
amandamdenardo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2
troy14
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamdenardo View Post
I finished upgrading my RAM and upon removing my Speck case I noticed that it had left what appears to be very small burn marks on the unibody of my Macbook Pro. Since the broken corners of the case have already warranted a replacement, I wanted to see what other brands are out there. I have gone through 3 Speck cases since 2011 and am looking for a brand that fits the following criteria:

Fits 13" Macbook Pro
Slim and durable, appropriate for a college student
Does not add significant bulk or weight
Fair price. If it is over $60 there needs to be a good reason.
Will withstand 2-3 years of use without cracking/fragmenting; this is the issue that I had with all of my Speck cases.

Thanks!

Side note, if anyone knows how to clean the unibody of my Macbook due to the "burns" from the Speck case, please message me/link me to a thread
I had the same thing with my old MBP . I ended up selling it and bought a rMBP 13. I vowed never to use the speck case again (or anything like it).

I put on a BestSkinEver and keep it in a Colcasac in my backpack. That way, it's protected (minimally as can be) when i'm using it from scratches/light dings, etc. and when storage the Colcasac protects it more! I couldn't be happier with this combo. I'm a Nursing student so it comes with me everywhere.
troy14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice