Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1
mazzy89
macrumors member

Buying from Apple Store US with International Card

Hello I would buy from Apple Store US a MBP and having it shipped to FPO address of my friend. I know Apple doesn't shipped directly to APO/FPO infact I thought to use a forwarding service like APOBox or ShipITApo. The real issue is I have an International credit card (Italy). Now I heard Apple Store US accepts only US credit card but I even heard some people bought on Apple store US despite that. Well I'm asking if someone recently has ever used an International credit card to buying anything on Apple Store US and everthing has gone well.

Last edited by mazzy89; Jun 16, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
mazzy89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:05 AM   #2
augustya
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy89 View Post
Hello I would buy from Apple Store US a MBP and having it shipped to FPO address of my friend. I know Apple doesn't shipped directly to APO/FPO infact I thought to use a forwarding service like APOBox or ShipITApo. The real issue is I have an International credit card (Italy). Now I heard Apple Store US accepts only US credit card but I even heard some people bought on Apple store US despite that. Well I'm asking if someone recently has ever used an International credit card to buying anything on Apple Store US and everthing has gone well.
I dont remember having read it here, or somewhere else. But I do remember reading it. Like Last year or I think when the iPad Mini was released lot of people thought of using this idea getting it ordered to a Package Forwading Company in the U.S and someone had posted a Email reply that their Package Forwarding company got from Apple which Apple was saying "Apple has means to detect which product ie bieng forwarded to a Indiviual address and which to a Package forwarding company" All the orders that Apple had taken this way Apple cancelled all the orders and issued refunds. So apple is 2 steps ahead when it comes to trying to take them for a ride !
augustya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:14 AM   #3
mazzy89
macrumors member

What you say it is not what I would know In online Apple Store iwhen you try to buy an item it is written:

How do I ship to an APO/FPO address?
Apple can ship to APO/FPO addresses using a third-party freight forwarding service which will conveniently redirect Apple Store shipments to APO/FPO addresses for a fee. Learn more about APO/FPO.

Here it is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/open/shipping_apo

So without any doubt I can use a forwarding service to receive a product in my FPO address. The question is different
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:25 AM   #4
augustya
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
What you say it is not what I would know In online Apple Store iwhen you try to buy an item it is written:

How do I ship to an APO/FPO address?
Apple can ship to APO/FPO addresses using a third-party freight forwarding service which will conveniently redirect Apple Store shipments to APO/FPO addresses for a fee. Learn more about APO/FPO.

Here it is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/open/shipping_apo

So without any doubt I can use a forwarding service to receive a product in my FPO address. The question is different
Look my friend I get the point that you are making about using a International Credit Card. I dont have an experience with that on using on Apple ONline store. You can give it a try, is what I would say. I have tried using my International Credit Card on ebay for a U.S only Product and it worked. I cant say about Apple. But the point I am making is even if your card went through be ready to be issued a refund if Apple detects that it is a Package Forwarding Company address and not a personal or a Indiviual Address where you would want your item to get shipped to. Good Luck !
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:41 AM   #5
mazzy89
macrumors member

Ok I understand what you mean. I know Apple Store Online ships to APOBox or ShipITApo because I personally contacted one of them in particular ShipITApo and they said it receives regularly Apple products and forward them without any issues. My preoccupation is the payment. When I pay through Credit Card, Apple take money immediately from my credit card and after check the billing address or it checks before the billing address and after take money?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:46 AM   #6
augustya
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Ok I understand what you mean. I know Apple Store Online ships to APOBox or ShipITApo because I personally contacted one of them in particular ShipITApo and they said it receives regularly Apple products and forward them without any issues. My preoccupation is the payment. When I pay through Credit Card, Apple take money immediately from my credit card and after check the billing address or it checks before the billing address and after take money?
It is the Payment Gateway company for e.g Paypal that will do this verification not Apple If I am correct. Once the Payment goes thorugh there is no reason to start cribbing about what the Billing address. Once your payment is successful, it means it is succesful. Then I dont think billing address would matter really.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 06:13 AM   #7
mazzy89
macrumors member

Ok so when I compile the form with credit card info's and the order it is successfull, there is no reason I'm worried about billing address. I thought Apple take money from credit card and only after checks the billing address. So If the order doesn't go immediately well, money remain in the credit card and nothing happen, right?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 06:56 AM   #8
augustya
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Ok so when I compile the form with credit card info's and the order it is successfull, there is no reason I'm worried about billing address. I thought Apple take money from credit card and only after checks the billing address. So If the order doesn't go immediately well, money remain in the credit card and nothing happen, right?
Yes !
Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:03 AM   #9
mazzy89
macrumors member

I had an idea. I have bought a Gift Card using my international credit card. The order page says the order will be processed in the next hours. We will know soon if my credit card is good to order from Apple Store US

UPDATE
Apple have withdrawed money from my credit card. Order is still in processing status. I think it will soon closed successfully.

Last edited by mazzy89; Jun 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 02:20 PM   #10
mazzy89
macrumors member

Apple have withdrawed money from my credit card. Order is still in "processing items" status. is this normal after about 5 hours for a gift card?I hope so

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice