Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maschera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Hi everyone !

I'm new here. :)
Within the scope of a short film that I'm currently editing, I'd need some english voices to insert into some sequences (the source of these voices is off-camera ;)). Unfortunately, I live in France, and I don't know anybody who can efficiently imitate the english accent... So it seems that the only place where I can get such a performance is... internet ! :D

The problem is that I don't know where I can ask for that. Do you know any websites or forums where there are users who can potentially give me some records ?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Kind regards,
Damien

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Are you looking to hire someone to record some speech?

I'm a professional singer in London with a "traditional" English accent. and would be happy to record myself speaking some text for you.

I can't send you a Private Message on this forum for some reason. Try sending one to me and we can arrange something, if you like.

maschera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Hello benwiggy :) Thank you for your answer !

Unfortunately, I can't find where I can send you a private message, actually the "PM" button doesn't appear, I don't know why...

So I'm going to answer you on this thread.
First I've seen the words "hire" and "professionnal", so despite my french language I must assume that you are waiting for a payment ? ^^" If it is the case, I'm afraid that I won't be able to provide that, unfortunately ! Indeed it is an amateur short film, so you guess that we didn't had any money to make it due to the crisis that is devastating France xD (yes I'm dramatizing but basically, that's true :/). Sorry !

But if your proposal is free, of course I'd be happy and curious to work with a singer ! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.