Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marce43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
A few days ago I installed the beta version of iOS7 on my iPhone 5 (I have a developers account). Everything worked fine for a few days. This afternoon, however, I took the phone out of my pocket and discovered it was "dead". Just a little while before, battery was still at about 65%. At home, I connected it to my laptop and tried to restore it to iOS7 both in recovery mode and DFU mode. I keep getting errors: either 2001, 2006 or 3002. I looked these up, but seem to be pretty non-specific. I tired the standard solutions offered (different USB port, cable, different laptop, etc, etc), but I was not able to restore my phone.
This really sucks. Does anybody have a suggestion, or is the only option I have left visiting the Apple store?
Any suggestions on how to fix my phone ASAP are very much appreciated.
Thanks,

Marc

iphone46

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
A few days ago I installed the beta version of iOS7 on my iPhone 5 (I have a developers account). Everything worked fine for a few days. This afternoon, however, I took the phone out of my pocket and discovered it was "dead". Just a little while before, battery was still at about 65%. At home, I connected it to my laptop and tried to restore it to iOS7 both in recovery mode and DFU mode. I keep getting errors: either 2001, 2006 or 3002. I looked these up, but seem to be pretty non-specific. I tired the standard solutions offered (different USB port, cable, different laptop, etc, etc), but I was not able to restore my phone.
This really sucks. Does anybody have a suggestion, or is the only option I have left visiting the Apple store?
Any suggestions on how to fix my phone ASAP are very much appreciated.
Thanks,

Marc
The errors in the 2000s are usually USB related. Since it seems that your USB is working I would suggest it might be the phone. Try downgrading to iOS 6 then install 7 maybe?

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
If you have a dev account they will see that and help you out. No need to hide anything. Besides as soon as they plug into it they will see what you were running.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
If you truly have a developer account, there is phone support for Developers during week days. Login with your Dev account, and find out the contact numbers and make the call to them and explain the issue.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
i just called the six apple stores around me and asked is they support iOS 7 with a developer account. 2 said yes and 4 said no. so good luck on thursday..

----------

If you truly have a developer account, there is phone support for Developers during week days. Login with your Dev account, and find out the contact numbers and make the call to them and explain the issue.

thank you, i forgot about the support line. i will remember that for the next time

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
Make sure your machine doesn't have an altered hosts file preventing from iTunes contacting apple to verify the update.

Try pining albert.apple.com and gs.apple.com

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
BTW, this might not be an iOS7 issue but a generic one with iPhone 5's in general. I've had exactly the same issue under 6.1.2 and, then, after I got it back from the repair folks, 6.1.4 (non-JB'n). (Now my iPhone 5 has been in repair for more than two weeks. They promised it'd be ready by 20/June.)

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I installed iOS 7 on my 4s, and I noticed once yesterday and today, when I was at the Sprint store waiting to get a new upgrade, that the phone shut off suddenly, and was very hard to turn back on. I was sweatin' it, as I didn't want to lose out on $160 buyback (only paid $199.00 20 months ago). It finally turned back on, before we started setting up my new 5.

Don't know if what I experienced twice is the same as the OP, but wanted to mention it just in case.

I really like iOS7. After seeing another thread like this, not sure if I want to stick it on my brand new 5.

Last edited:

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I installed iOS 7 on my 4s, and I noticed once yesterday and today, when I was at the Sprint store waiting to get a new upgrade, that the phone shut off suddenly, and was very hard to turn back on. I was sweatin' it, as I didn't want to lose out on $160 buyback (only paid $199.00 20 months ago). It finally turned back on, before we started setting up my new 5.

I've had that happen several times when watching videos on my iPhone 5. The screen suddenly goes black and pushing buttons does nothing. Then, after about thirty seconds or so, the lock screen pops up and the phone works normally.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I've had that happen several times when watching videos on my iPhone 5. The screen suddenly goes black and pushing buttons does nothing. Then, after about thirty seconds or so, the lock screen pops up and the phone works normally.

I had just used Safari, when it went black at the store. The phone had not been overheating from what I could feel. And aside from a few minor glitches, it appeared to be running well.

And like you said, after about 30 seconds or so, it came back on.

tarco0

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
something similar happened to me, my screen went black, and couldn't do anything.
fortunately, I pressed the power button and home to reset it, and it reseted
I've downgraded to iOS 6.1.4 now just in case... it was scary...

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
A couple days my phone was completely unresponsive, and blank.

Since battery life is much worse under the beta, I thought it was dead. Plugged it in to computer. Nothing. Plugged it into adapter. Nothing.

Finally did the hard power off, and it came back on (65%) power.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
A couple days my phone was completely unresponsive, and blank.

Since battery life is much worse under the beta, I thought it was dead. Plugged it in to computer. Nothing. Plugged it into adapter. Nothing.

Finally did the hard power off, and it came back on (65%) power.

This happened to me yesterday - pulled the phone out and it was completely black. Thought the battery was drained until I decided to do a hard power off, and then the phone restarted.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
The term "bricked" should be banned in this forum. I don't even recall the last time I knew of an iPhone that was TRULY bricked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.