Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LJSurfa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Can anyone help please. I have got 700+ photos that i am trying to import from my iPad to iPhoto on my Mac.

iPhoto starts the process of importing but then iPhoto 'Quits Unexpectedly'. It has done it once or twice when not importing but it crashes 99% of the time when importing.

I have looked through some threads and dont seem to have a 3ivx file on the Mac but am getting more and more frustrated with not being able to import more than about 10 photos at a time. It will not import from iPad or external HDD's or even from photos held on the internal HDD.

I also cannot seem to get a 'crash log' to find out what the problem is. At the moment iPhoto is pretty useless for anything other thn viewing what is already on there and importing small amounts of photos, no bulk uploads.

Please can someone help.

Thanks.
LJ

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Try creating a new iPhoto library and then import the photos into the new library. If that works ok then you have an issue with your old library. You will need to repair/rebuild it. To do that hold Option-command when starting iPhoto and follow the instructions.

LJSurfa

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Annoying again! I though this had fixed but it is doing it again. Any other suggestions. At the moment I am making backups of all photos and looking at uninstalling and re installing iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.