Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Took me 5 seconds to make my gs4 look like a complete new phone.every few weeks I change it up to make the cell look fresh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-16-20-32-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-16-20-32-17.png
    592.7 KB · Views: 439

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
You mean theme. Right?

Yes of course ,this is just an icon pack.not even a full theme but there already is like 5 full themes in the app store for people to try out.

I don't know why but I'm going full ios rip off mode lol I just got an ios6 lock screen and checking out a few ios7 lock screens also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-16-20-49-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-16-20-49-35.png
    750.9 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
Yes of course ,this is just an icon pack.not even a full theme but there already is like 5 full themes in the app store for people to try out.

I don't know why but I'm going full ios rip off mode lol I just got an ios6 lock screen and checking out a few ios7 lock screens also.

Font is still a bit off. A for effort.

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Now using ios7 lock screen!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-16-21-02-15.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-16-21-02-15.png
    993.9 KB · Views: 273

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
That's what I hate most about Android. The fact that 100% of themes don't support the majority of the apps I use. Sorry, but that just looks tacky. Watch out for those standalone lock screens by the way, a lot have push ads.

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
Ohh please

Post a screen shot of your home screen so we can all see what you got

Why would you want to look at a blank screen with just a clock and a live wallpaper? I use a custom ROM with ribbons and a launcher with Ubuntu Unity Bar. I have no need for any icons on my screen. But when I swipe into my app drawer, my app icons are stock nexus themed.

Those iOS7 dayglow Barbie icons are just plain awful. Jony Ivy should be ashamed of the result. Jobs would have never allowed these to see the light of day.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
That's what I hate most about Android. The fact that 100% of themes don't support the majority of the apps I use. Sorry, but that just looks tacky. Watch out for those standalone lock screens by the way, a lot have push ads.

If you install a rom like cyanogenmod that supports the theme chooser engine then the themes apply to all apps. If you are on a nexus device cyanogenmod is just as stable as stock and offers better performance and more features, but whats great is that all the features are extremely polished and look like they were part of the stock OS. Other roms don't have the same level of polish although they may have more experimental mods. Devices that are identical hardware wise to a nexus phone like the original galaxy s1 and soon to be all of the snapdragon galaxy s4's once the google editions drop are also essentially as stable as stock as well.

Last edited:

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
eep that last one just plain makes android look bad xD

Why aren't you using touchwiz' default lock screen? Sans the quick-unlock icons, it looks almost identical to iOS 7's lock screen.

MikeyMike01

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
That is the part of Android I strongly disliked in in the few years I used the OS. The customization is haphazard, incomplete, misguided, and altogether frustrating.

If it makes you happy, then be my guest.

What makes me happier is Windows Phone's system. It provides the same level of personalization without the chaos or disorganization that Android does.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
If you install a rom like cyanogenmod that supports the theme chooser engine then the themes apply to all apps. If you are on a nexus device cyanogenmod is just as stable as stock and offers better performance and more features, but whats great is that all the features are extremely polished and look like they were part of the stock OS. Other roms don't have the same level of polish although they may have more experimental mods. Devices that are identical hardware wise to a nexus phone like the original galaxy s1 and soon to be all of the snapdragon galaxy s4's once the google editions drop are also essentially as stable as stock as well.

I was more on about icons. I am on CM10.1 and still have issues with every icon not being themed.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
What ever floats your boat and if you like it, then great :)

I can't say I'm keen. It reminds me a little of when I used to have Nokia's and you could get cases to make them look like different models. I had a 3310 but the case made it look at first glance like a 8310. I ended up owning both lol. Still if you enjoy customisation then good for you! :)

Greg.

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
London, UK
Your right I set the wrong one

attachment.php

This is absolutely terrible. Why would someone create this in the first place, let alone install it on their phone? The font is horrible, two Apple logos when it's not even an Apple device, the 'HD' text, etc. :rolleyes:

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
This is absolutely terrible. Why would someone create this in the first place, let alone install it on their phone? The font is horrible, two Apple logos when it's not even an Apple device, the 'HD' text, etc. :rolleyes:

I actually think it is pretty creative.

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
You can put what ever background picture you want.I guess some of you are not getting the purpose of this thread.

Its about how open and easy it is to change the way your android phone looks and feels.

Even in ios7 you can't do this yet.

Haters gona hate so enjoy looking and the same boring home screen for another 3 years lol

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
Your right I set the wrong one

...Not sure if serious, or just trolling.

If my options are to keep the same "boring" home screen or use the above, I think I'll stick with iOS, thanks. There's a reason Apple (and Google, for that matter) pay professionals big bucks to design their operating systems.

...It's because professionals know what they're doing, and have a decent grasp of visually appealing design. Thus, the standard operating system doesn't look like something you mocked up in MS Paint and Word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.