Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 17, 2013, 06:24 AM   #1
foxdougan
macrumors newbie

MS Word - Insert landscape page (page break not working)

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to insert a landscape page into a primarily portrait document. I've read on the forums that you should insert a page break to do so as the 'orientation' button affects the entire document.

Unfortunately, page break is greyed out. I've tried highlighting text, highlighting the page in the document map pane etc. but it still stays greyed out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Attached Images

foxdougan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:22 AM   #2
jdelgado
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdougan View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to insert a landscape page into a primarily portrait document. I've read on the forums that you should insert a page break to do so as the 'orientation' button affects the entire document.

Unfortunately, page break is greyed out. I've tried highlighting text, highlighting the page in the document map pane etc. but it still stays greyed out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
I have done this inserting a new section and defining its own page setup. I do not know if there is another way, but that has worked for me.
jdelgado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 09:28 AM   #3
foxdougan
macrumors newbie

My workaround for this was to save the document as a PDF (as I intended to anyway), then use Preview to insert the finished landscape page.

However, I'd love to know how to do it in Word so I can edit the whole document together!

Something as common as this should be super easy to do...
foxdougan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store