Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Julien
macrumors 601

WiFi printer IP won’t connect. How to find /change IP or...?

Brother (WiFi) HL-2270DW & Mac Pro (10.8), iMac (10.9), iPad (iOS6), iPhone (iOS6), Extreme n. Was working fine and bought an Extreme ac and of course had to reinstall. Now I can’t get my Mac Pro to print. The Brother printer’s Shared (brw008092956db7) shows up in the Mac Pro’s Finder and if I hit + (Add Printer or Scanner) in Printer & Scan: Preferences it shows the Brother as a “Nearby Printers” and I can add/install it. It then show with a green “light” and Idle. If I try to print the “light” goes & stays yellow and In Use (but no printing). If I open the Print Queue it says “Printing - The Printer is not Responding”. and it will stay this way indefinitely (or at least several hours). The printer’s current IP is 10.0.1.10 (not sure what it was in previous install) but Safari doesn’t find it.

It prints fine with my iMac and iDevices. If I put 10.0.1.10 in my iMac’s Safari it goes to printer info page (like it should).

Why does my Pac Pro seem to see it (Shared in Finder and will add it as a Printer Near by) but won’t print to it or allow the IP address in Safari? Could this have something to do with the previous Extreme n configuration? If so how do I find and delete it?

I have tried factory reset of the printer, deleting the printer, re installing the print driver and.......

Julien is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:35 AM   #2
drsox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Brother (WiFi) HL-2270DW & Mac Pro (10.8), iMac (10.9), iPad (iOS6), iPhone (iOS6), Extreme n. Was working fine and bought an Extreme ac and of course had to reinstall. Now I can’t get my Mac Pro to print. The Brother printer’s Shared (brw008092956db7) shows up in the Mac Pro’s Finder and if I hit + (Add Printer or Scanner) in Printer & Scan: Preferences it shows the Brother as a “Nearby Printers” and I can add/install it. It then show with a green “light” and Idle. If I try to print the “light” goes & stays yellow and In Use (but no printing). If I open the Print Queue it says “Printing - The Printer is not Responding”. and it will stay this way indefinitely (or at least several hours). The printer’s current IP is 10.0.1.10 (not sure what it was in previous install) but Safari it doesn’t find it.

It prints fine with my iMac and iDevices. If I put 10.0.1.10 in my iMac’s Safari it goes to printer info page (like it should).

Why does my Pac Pro seem to se it (Shared in Finer and will add it as a Printer Near by) but won’t print to it or allow the IP address in Safari? Could this have something to do with the previous Extreme n configuration? If so how do I find and delete it?

I have tried factory reset of the printer, deleting the printer, re installing the print driver and.......

Did you power cycle everything after setup of the new AE ?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Julien
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsox View Post
Did you power cycle everything after setup of the new AE ?
Many, many times. I have tried all obvious (at least to me) troubleshooting measures multiple times.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:15 PM   #4
drsox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Many, many times. I have tried all obvious (at least to me) troubleshooting measures multiple times.
Have you tried changing the network connection ? e.g. connect the MP via a LAN and/or connect the Brother via a LAN. Then you can isolate the problem to WiFi or something else ?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Julien
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsox View Post
Have you tried changing the network connection ? e.g. connect the MP via a LAN and/or connect the Brother via a LAN. Then you can isolate the problem to WiFi or something else ?
My Mac Pro is connected to the Extreme by Ethernet (Mac Pro's don't have WiFi) . Have tried connecting the printer by Ethernet and get the same results. I can connect the printer to my Mac Pro by USB and it will print. Of course it installed a USB driver instead of a a Bonjour driver.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:08 PM   #6
drsox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
My Mac Pro is connected to the Extreme by Ethernet (Mac Pro's don't have WiFi) . Have tried connecting the printer by Ethernet and get the same results. I can connect the printer to my Mac Pro by USB and it will print. Of course it installed a USB driver instead of a a Bonjour driver.
Can't think what else to suggest. I have had problems with my HP but turning it off and on again usually works. In the end I have connected my HP and my Epson by WiFi without new problems.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Julien
macrumors 601

I guess my call to Tim shock him up. In only a couple of hours I got my update.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help