Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1
TagMacs
macrumors newbie

OS X Server Alerting / Monitoring

Greetings All -

Just wondering what everyone uses here for OS X Server Alerting & Reporting?

I know OS X has some built in functionality on services & daemons which are running, however as far as alerting if the server performs an unexpected reboot, or possibly goes offline for a period of time?

thanks!
TagMacs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Nvizn
macrumors newbie

How's the server going to alert you, if it's offline? The only way that would occur, if there were a ping (often referred to as a heartbeat) from another machine, to this server. Then, that machine could send notification. This is often mediated, by clusters.
Nvizn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking