Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Javierto
macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 with iOS 7 died!

Need Help. Y try all, reset, chargers, cable, etc... Nothing can start up my iPhone 5.

Last night, I put in the usb charger (turn on), and in the morning I found off...

Itunes, my Macbook Air and my iMac canīt see it. Dontīt reset...
Javierto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Tubamajuba
macrumors 6502a

Put the iPhone in DFU mode and try restoring it with iTunes.

Instructions on DFU mode: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode
Tubamajuba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Vertigo50
macrumors 6502a

Make sure you are using an official Apple cable and charger. When I use a third-party cable it actually DRAINS the battery right now.
Vertigo50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Javierto
macrumors newbie

DFU mode donīt working

I canīt put in DFU mode. No reset, I have no answer... Sorry my english itīs very poor.

I use original cable, original charger, original iPhone!!!! jajja...

Itīs the IOs 7....
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:11 PM   #5
Lava Lamp Freak
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javierto View Post
Need Help. Y try all, reset, chargers, cable, etc... Nothing can start up my iPhone 5.

Last night, I put in the usb charger (turn on), and in the morning I found off...

Itunes, my Macbook Air and my iMac canīt see it. Dontīt reset...
Have you tried a hard reset? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until it restarts.
Lava Lamp Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:13 PM   #6
canucksfan88
macrumors 6502

try holding the power button and home button...for some reason mine died last night too =s
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Javierto
macrumors newbie

I try... for 15 secons, 20 secons, 1 minute... first power bottom, home... home power... + and - bootoms...

Completely died....
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Lava Lamp Freak
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I try... for 15 secons, 20 secons, 1 minute... first power bottom, home... home power... + and - bootoms...

Completely died....
If you have access to another cable, try charging it directly from the wall for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the battery is dead, then that length of time should be enough to try a hard reset again. If you don't have access to another cable, or that doesn't work, then you probably need to take it to an Apple Store, if you live close to one.
Lava Lamp Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Kohkane
macrumors 6502

Out of curiosity, did you obtain iOS7 the official way, or a third party? I'm just trying to figure out if the dead phones are an actual bug or if something is up with the "other" ways to obtain the beta.
Kohkane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:03 PM   #10
Javierto
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak View Post
If you have access to another cable, try charging it directly from the wall for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the battery is dead, then that length of time should be enough to try a hard reset again. If you don't have access to another cable, or that doesn't work, then you probably need to take it to an Apple Store, if you live close to one.
I try too... I have to take it to an Apple Store... but Iīm not in EEUU... Itīs a problem...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohkane View Post
Out of curiosity, did you obtain iOS7 the official way, or a third party? I'm just trying to figure out if the dead phones are an actual bug or if something is up with the "other" ways to obtain the beta.
Official, the iPhone run for 3 days...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:39 PM   #11
cliffx
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, i left my iphone 5 charging during the night and when i woke up it was completely dead. I tried to put it in DFU mode, hard reset, etc. Nothing seems to work, i think the problem was caused due to overheat.

I tried to restore the phone using itunes and IOS7 but i get an error every time.
cliffx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:47 PM   #12
Krissypantz2828
Banned

Ive never heard of a beta breaking an iPhone if it is done properly. Maybe an android but not an iPhone. I think that something must of happened here. Either way, there is one time my phone shut off mid charge and I tried to turn it on and it wouldnt turn on..So I pressed the home button and the on/off button at the same time for about 10 seconds and it worked! Try that!

----------

Quote:

Completely died....
Just try holding the home button and on/off button AT SAME TIME..then WAIT. Let us know what happens
Krissypantz2828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:50 PM   #13
BasicGreatGuy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffx View Post
I have the same problem, i left my iphone 5 charging during the night and when i woke up it was completely dead. I tried to put it in DFU mode, hard reset, etc. Nothing seems to work, i think the problem was caused due to overheat.

I tried to restore the phone using itunes and IOS7 but i get an error every time.
Did you have any iOS 7 settings turned off, or where you running it as is? Was it plugged into a bare outlet, or a surge protector?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:58 PM   #14
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Installed iOS7 on mine the day before yesterday (got my replacement unit from Apple back then) and have been programming it since then. Haven't restored any kind of backup. (I've never did - let's keep the system clean.) Haven't enabled iCloud either after having found out it caused a lot of problems on the 3GS running on 6.1.3.

No crashes, no slowdowns, no 100% CPU usage issues. Absolutely no major problems here. In this regard, this b1 behaves much-much better than iOS5b1 did on the iPad1.
Menneisyys2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Goodness I hope this isn't your everyday phone.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:05 PM   #16
canucksfan88
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Completely died....
hold BOTH....for up to 1 minute...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:14 PM   #17
aimee.elizabeth
macrumors 6502

If nothing works, then your best bet is to take it to an Apple store, or at least get them on the phone. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you if you're on the dev program and updated to ios 7 legitimately.

Last edited by dejo; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: quoted post / response deleted.
aimee.elizabeth is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:35 AM   #18
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

If nothing works, then your best bet is to take it to an Apple store, or at least get them on the phone. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help you if you're on the dev program and updated to ios 7 legitimately.[/QUOTE]

Bad advice. The minute you mention iOS 7 and the device in the same breath they will not help you. The stores/phone support have zero support for beta software issues. OP stated there are no stores in their country. The best the OP can hope for is to be shown how to perform a DFU restore...but of course the OP already has that info here.

Last edited by dejo; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: quote post edited.
Defender2010 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:53 AM   #19
jafingi
macrumors 65816

As it clearly states when downloading iOS 7 on Apple's developer portal:

Quote:
This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple's Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.
Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer
2) Using primary/everyday iPhone

Is just plain stupid. There's a reason it's a developer preview. It's not for being fancy and impress your friends with your iPhone running (a very buggy) iOS 7 beta. It's for developers to test their software to the new and updated API's to make it ready for iOS 7 when it is released to the public.

Sorry, but if you cannot get it into DFU and you are NOT a registered developer, you're out of luck.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 04:28 AM   #20
Krissypantz2828
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafingi View Post

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer

Is just plain stupid. There's a reason it's a developer preview. It's not for being fancy and impress your friends with your iPhone running (a very buggy) iOS 7 beta. It's for developers to test their software to the new and updated API's to make it ready for iOS 7 when it is released to the public.

Sorry, but if you cannot get it into DFU and you are NOT a registered developer, you're out of luck.
So I'm stupid because I have iOS 7 on my daily phone and am not a developer? Actually most of the people here are not developers! I used to flash roms on my android all the time, most of them were beta so I'm no stranger to tweaking phones! How is it stupid if you know what you are doing?

Last edited by dejo; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: insults.
Krissypantz2828 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 04:43 AM   #21
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
So I'm stupid because I have iOS 7 on my daily phone and am not a developer? Actually most of the people here are not developers! I used to flash roms on my android all the time, most of them were beta so I'm no stranger to tweaking phones! How is it stupid if you know what you are doing?
Why exactly do you have it on your phone? Aren't betas released for a specific purpose, and specifically for developers?

Last edited by dejo; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: quoted post edited.
Rogifan is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 05:11 AM   #22
Walter White
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Why exactly do you have it on your phone? Aren't betas released for a specific purpose, and specifically for developers?
What difference does it make? He can do whatever he wants, but on the other hand he shouldn't be coming here to cry if something bad happens (duh). He knew full well that there are some dangers (same thing holds for developers). If he didn't then it worse.
Walter White is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:22 AM   #23
matttye
macrumors 601

Quote:

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer

Your lecture is a little premature as the OP never once said he wasn't a developer.

Last edited by dejo; Jun 23, 2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: removed insults.
matttye is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:38 AM   #24
thegrants82
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
So I'm stupid because I have iOS 7 on my daily phone and am not a developer?
I wouldn't say stupid just not very smart. But remember that you are the one telling people that installing ios 7 on top of an ios 6 fresh install with mean something.....And those meaningless surveys....my goodness.

Last edited by dejo; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: fixed quote.
thegrants82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:43 AM   #25
Gutwrench
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Running iOS 7 when:
1) Not a developer

Read post number 10 again, it indicates he might likely be a developer.

And please, just like anyone with a blog or message board profile can claim to be a journalist, anyone with an Apple device or PC can claim to be a developer. I know a few developers and some engineers I work with that for one reason or another shouldn't even be in the business.

Last edited by Gutwrench; Jun 23, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
Gutwrench is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7