Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
UK
If the last few days have proved anything, it's that there are too many armchair designers and developers in the World.

If only the beta release had been a little more low profile, and restricted to you know, developers only, then maybe there wouldn't be countless topics from everyday uses complaining that iOS7 just doesn't work.

#justsayin'

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
The beta is private and developers have to sign an NDA, unfortunately their is a work around that people discovered.

WWDC = World Wide Developer Conference, Apple can't do low profile when you have 5,500 developers their in one building expecting Apple to discuss software.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
If only the beta release had been a little more low profile, and restricted to you know, developers only, then maybe there wouldn't be countless topics from everyday uses complaining that iOS7 just doesn't work.

#justsayin'

Two things:

1. The beta release IS restricted to developers only. Apple can't really stop others from installing it.

2. No one is forcing you to read all of these posts you're complaining about. If you simply installed the beta and tested it out without reading a bunch of forum posts, it wouldn't affect you either way that unauthorized users are installing it.

#justsayin'

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
If the last few days have proved anything, it's that there are too many armchair designers and developers in the World.

#justsayin'

They aren't. It's not like someone can accidently download it. They have to go out of their way to do so e.g. sign up for a developers account, buy a UDID slot, download the iOS 7 ipsw etc etc, I don't think it could be any less public.

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
I agree with it being let out to a smaller test group. There has been to much nonsense about icons and nothing about the actual function of the os.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013

#justsayin'

Agreed, agreed, agreed. Now everyone's an "expert" on design. Hilarious.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010

#justsayin'
There was a post on here about how users are generally better when testing apps or beta software because they can naturally encounter bugs and issues, whereas internal testers or a select group of developers tend to unconsciously test only what they know to be working, or only a select few scenarios.

Opening up the beta (or rather, allowing the mass UDID registration) helps discover bugs.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009

#justsayin'

Yeah god forbid they give out a beta to people to test and find out what does and doesn't work.

I don't get what your issue here is... Is it that Apple haven't taken control of the MR forum and removed every single thread slating iOS7? Or is it that too many people have access?

Regardless, you're the one in control of what you read. If you don't want to read it don't click it. What were you expecting to see in an iOS7-specific section?

I'd steer clear of the forums if I were you... :D

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
I agree with it being let out to a smaller test group. There has been to much nonsense about icons and nothing about the actual function of the os.

Exactly. Because not many have used it, they've just gawped at screenshots and jumped on the complaining train, and now it's moving so fast, they can't get off :D

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007

#justsayin'

Apple is not stupid- They have a huge base of developers that pay them to test their software. The shear number of users all over the world makes it near impossible to get the coverage needed.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Exactly. Because not many have used it, they've just gawped at screenshots and jumped on the complaining train, and now it's moving so fast, they can't get off :D

And who put up those screenshots prominently all over their website? Oh right, that was Apple.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
And who put up those screenshots prominently all over their website? Oh right, that was Apple.

Unless you have studied the developer videos, or used a physical device, then your opinion is worth about 0.1% of someone that has, as screenshots don't move, and you're missing 99.999% of what iOS 7 is about, without watching others interacting, or interacting yourself.

If you ain't seen it move, and ain't touched it, your opinion is next to useless.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Unless you have studied the developer videos, or used a physical device, then your opinion is worth about 0.1% of someone that has, as screenshots don't move, and you're missing 99.999% of what iOS 7 is about, without watching others interacting, or interacting yourself.

If you ain't seen it move, and ain't touched it, your opinion is next to useless.

I've installed the beta on my iPhone 4S and been using it.

However, what I'm saying is, if you find it objectionable that people are giving their opinions on iOS 7 by just looking at the screenshots without having used it, then you should lay the blame on Apple. They are the ones who posted the screenshots of their beta iOS all over their website.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I frankly don't care, if you don't want to read those threads then don't open them. :eek:

#Ineverunderstandwhypeopleputhashtagswheretheydontbelong

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
UK
Well, I'm just glad I provoked conversation that doesn't revolve around icons.

TjeuV

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Belgium
I totally agree, I have the same feeling. Too many people who are not even close to being a developer get these beta releases now. These have nothing to do with it, patience is a good thing to have.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Wanna hear a secret? Apple doesn't care. They don't care if people have their beta because it's not their problem. If their phone or devices stops working Apple isn't to blame and they'll likely buy another iDevice which means more cash in Apple's pocket.

If they really wanted people to stop using beta if they aren't devs then they could make the beta file so you have to download a specific version of iTunes to use it and it checks to make sure your UDID is registered even if it's just an update

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
I totally agree, I have the same feeling. Too many people who are not even close to being a developer get these beta releases now. These have nothing to do with it, patience is a good thing to have.

I think I have solved it - they're PAID to moan, by Google!

Shills!! :p

It's not iOS specific - this idiotic behaviour is evident across the broad spectrum of consumer electronics - EVERYONE has an opinion, but most don't realise that not everyone NEEDS or wants to hear it, but they continue anyway.

Noone cares if you don't like iOS - if you "hate" it that much, leave the forum, or if not, at least form informed, inspired and intelligent opinions before commenting, not simply "It looks like it was created by a blind man with crayons" - who ON EARTH is going to take the raving rants of an angry fool, seriously?

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
At the end of the day, this is an internet forum message board. Regardless of what Apple may or may not do, many people here are going to carry on as they have been. As such, one should not let what anonymous people say on an anonymous message board bother him or her. Leave it to the mods to walk through the cow fields.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle

#justsayin'

You can choose to ignore all this, not sure why it bothers you so much.

#justsayin'

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
One nice thing about the "accidental" leaks is that the Beta's get a more rigorous testing. Best way to truly vet all your issues is to let the public loose on it (but call it Beta, so you can still say "I warned you it wasn't ready yet").

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.