Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1
4GLTE lover
macrumors member

Can you tell iPhone inside of Lifeproof

Is it possible to you to tell that there is an iPhone and not some plastic piece of junk phone inside the Lifeproof case for iPhone 4/4S?? This might seem like a stupid question but I've always wondered.

Last edited by 4GLTE lover; Jul 5, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
4GLTE lover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:06 PM   #2
CandyRedNinja
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GLTE lover View Post
Is it possible to you to tell that there is an iPhone and not some plastic piece of junk phone inside the Lifeproof case for iPhone 4/4S?? This might seem like a stupid question but I've always wondered.
They only make lifeproof for iPhones.
CandyRedNinja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:11 PM   #3
4GLTE lover
macrumors member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedNinja View Post
They only make lifeproof for iPhones.
Yes but...I mean would it be easy for you to tell if you didn't know that they didn't make them only for iPhone. Basically would you be able to tell it's an iPhone and not some knock off if you were to have no knowledge at all about Lifeproof cases??
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Yes but...I mean would it easy for you to tell if you didn't know that they didn't make them only for iPhone. Basically would you be able to tell it's an iPhone and not some knock off if you were to have no knowledge at all about Lifeproof cases??
So, basically, you're concerned that no one will know you have an iPhone...right?

You want to make sure other people know that you are...cool?...have money to spend on electronics?...are better than those poor dopes with a hunk of plastic hidden by their case?

Forgive me if I have misjudged...if I have, would you mind telling us why you care whether the phone can be seen in the case?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:20 PM   #5
4GLTE lover
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
So, basically, you're concerned that no one will know you have an iPhone...right?

You want to make sure other people know that you are...cool?...have money to spend on electronics?...are better than those poor dopes with a hunk of plastic hidden by their case?

Forgive me if I have misjudged...if I have, would you mind telling us why you care whether the phone can be seen in the case?
I just like to show my phone off, I also don't want people to think I have some junk phone. I am proud of my phone.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
I just like to show my phone off, I also don't want people to think I have some junk phone. I am proud of my phone.
You're proud that you had the funds necessary to buy someone else's creation.

I would suggest that one might be proud of their own achievement, not the ability to spend money to buy something.

Please, think about what you are saying...be proud of getting good grades, because you worked for them. Be proud of helping someone by your own efforts. Be proud of you own achievements...not some piece of stuff you bought.

Think about it....
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:51 PM   #7
SR45
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Another silly post. Proud of your family, your country perhaps, but a phone ? Now I have heard it all. Yes, OP. Its a stupid question as you mention
SR45 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 05:08 PM   #8
HCO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post

lmfao i was thinking the same exact thing.
HCO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 05:13 PM   #9
hafr
Banned

The 4S looks like the 4. Any bum can afford the 4. If you're worried people won't be able to see you have a phone that any bum can afford, get another phone

You're embarrassing.
hafr is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 05:28 PM   #10
BoostDeuce
macrumors member

How do you show off a cell phone that is possibly the most popular cell phone, ever?
You can't show off an iphone because the guy you show it off to probably has one in his pocket.
BoostDeuce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 05:38 PM   #11
abz1981
macrumors 65816

I simply don't understand these kinda stupid threads we have these days. Can we move this thread and others such as: shall I get a white or a black iphone, and scratched iphone 5 bezel threads to wasteland please mods?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:40 AM   #12
Jimmy James
macrumors 68000

I'm proud of my silverware. It's really high end. I tape them to my clothes so people can see them everywhere I go. Basically, I spoon and fork all the time.
Jimmy James is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:08 AM   #13
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Feel like I'm back in 7th Grade when waving around what were playfully named iTouches were all the rage as iPhones were to expensive at the time where I lived.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:37 AM   #14
alphaod
macrumors Core

Get a Vertu if you want to show off.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:59 AM   #15
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by macingman View Post
Feel like I'm back in 7th Grade when waving around what were playfully named iTouches were all the rage as iPhones were to expensive at the time where I lived.
Damn you make me feel old! The iPod touch didnt come out till 4 years after i graduated highschool :-(
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:11 AM   #16
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Why do you care what other know you use? Whoopty doo you have an iPhone 4.
Jordan921 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:24 AM   #17
cynics
macrumors 604

My lifeproof case is so beat up in combination with its relatively small screen it looks pretty cheap. That said, those in the know will know its an iPhone.

I do care what others think about my phone and here is why.

I do some charity work in some shady places. One, I don't want less fortunate people thinking I'm "showing off". Two, I don't want to be mugged at gun point for a stupid phone.

People less fortunate then me can constantly worry about money, rightfully so. Last thing I want to do is remind someone that I may have more of it then them.

Showing off material processions is pretty petty. Show off a girlfriend/wife, kids, even a career you worked hard to obtain. Not a relatively inexpensive gadget (on contract). Who doesn't have an iPhone (or other nice phone) anymore anyway beside those that don't want/need one or those that literally can't afford one? That's just showing off to people that don't care or those in poverty.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:39 AM   #18
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yes, there is a little window on the back showing the Apple logo.

----------

Quote:
Proud of your phone? It's an iPhone 4, it's outdated and old. Even if you had the 5, I bet it would be 16GB on contract. My 64GB iPod touch 5 costs way more than any iPhone on contract. The iPhone is not something to show off, I don't even show off my $3500 MBPr. (Ok I know it sounded like I was right there but I had to get the point across)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:41 AM   #19
Brittany246
macrumors 6502a

This is hilarious. The OP is most likely in middle or high school.
Brittany246 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:49 AM   #20
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDeviceUser View Post
Yes, there is a little window on the back showing the Apple logo.

----------

Proud of your phone? It's an iPhone 4, it's outdated and old. Even if you had the 5, I bet it would be 16GB on contract. My 64GB iPod touch 5 costs way more than any iPhone on contract. The iPhone is not something to show off, I don't even show off my $3500 MBPr. (Ok I know it sounded like I was right there but I had to get the point across)
4/4S model Lifeproof doesn't have a window in the back. Or at least the 1/2 gen models. I haven't looked into the latest. That's one of my favorite things about the case. The mirror apple on the back is way to flashy, for me anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 AM   #21
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany246 View Post
This is hilarious. The OP is most likely in middle or high school.
Or elementary...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:44 PM   #22
3rd Rock
Banned

Just walk down the street yelling out "I have an iPhone. Its better than what you have. If you don't believe me, come over, and I'll show you".

Oh, ya, I'm still living with my parents who paid for it
3rd Rock is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 01:51 PM   #23
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
I am proud of my phone.

I hope u paid it yourself, responsible for your own monthly, and God forbid, never take it out of the case just to show somebody is real then DROP IT!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 02:03 PM   #24
tfa8rva
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
Damn you make me feel old! The iPod touch didnt come out till 4 years after i graduated highschool :-(
Yall both make me feel old. When I was in high school I had a Walkman....and it played tapes.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone