Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
is there something with my mac

everyday the screen gets dirty. i heard this is unusual for a macbook

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That does sound unusual. Perhaps you're in a particularly dusty environment.

My rMBP has a bit of dust on the screen but that occurs over the course of time. I don't something on your Mac is causing this, as much as you're in a place that seems dustier then normal

~Mike

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
That does sound unusual. Perhaps you're in a particularly dusty environment.

My rMBP has a bit of dust on the screen but that occurs over the course of time. I don't something on your Mac is causing this, as much as you're in a place that seems dustier then normal

~Mike

my macbook is on a desk, but it is near a window.

like my macbook screen gets covered in dirt and dots in a couple of days and i have to wipe it with solution.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If I wipe my ACD and MBP down once a month, that's a lot.

Did you try moving your office around so its not so close to the window, there's also those air purifiers you may want to look into that.

Just think, if your laptop is showing all that stuff, you realize you're breathing that stuff in as well.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Dirt or dust? If it's dirt you're doing it wrong. If it's dust then you should look into improving the environment you're working in and dealing with the source(s) of dust. Are you using anything to clean the air?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.