Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jun 18, 2013, 05:38 AM   #1
presi
macrumors newbie

Java programming

Hey Guys,

im looking for an iPad App for programming Java while im in the library. I know that its not possible to compile it on it, but is there an App for writing the Code and sending it to my Home Desktop to compile it? Via FTP or someway else.
I would be grateful for Tips or even an Answer that its not possible

Regards
presi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by presi View Post
Hey Guys,

im looking for an iPad App for programming Java while im in the library. I know that its not possible to compile it on it, but is there an App for writing the Code and sending it to my Home Desktop to compile it? Via FTP or someway else.
I would be grateful for Tips or even an Answer that its not possible

Regards
Remote compilation will work just fine independent of the client. For example, you can just get the free (non-subscription) version of LogMeIn and make sure you have an SDK on your desktop computer you access via LogMeIn.

If you don't have a desktop you can keep up all the time, you'll need a remote desktop provider with a JDK installed (or the necessary rights granted to users for installation). Unfortunately, my favorite provider, AlwaysOnPC, doesn't have JDK on their desktops, only JRE.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:12 PM   #3
VPrime
macrumors 65816

It's not available yet:
http://thebinaryapp.com/

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps