Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 5, 2005, 10:53 PM   #1
zflauaus
macrumors 65816

iTunes Authorization - Repeated?

I just installed iTunes 6 on Windows, upgrading from 4.9. I tried to play a new downloaded song and it asked me for my password to authorize. Will it take another authorization from my account?
zflauaus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 01:55 AM   #2
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

Don't worry about it for now. If you hit up against your limit, there will be an option in the iTunes store to deauthorize all your computers and start over. You would get there by pressing the account button in iTMS. I think you only get to reset once a year, so don't worry about it unless you have to.

One reason other than a fresh system install that might make you need to authorize, is if you bought a new song with a different account than you used earlier. The reset thing is separate for each store account.
iMeowbot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 05:46 AM   #3
matticus008
macrumors 68040

I've been having trouble on my Windows computer with iTunes 6 asking me to reauthorize every other day or so. It returns an "authorization successful" message (saying 4 of 5 machines authorized, which is correct, so it's not taking away another authorization). However, it will not play my purchased music even then. The only solution is to reboot the computer. Closing iTunes does not solve the problem.

It's starting to annoy me, but I've not found a good solution yet. My neighbor's iTunes crashes if left running overnight, even though it's not playing or being used in any way. It's probably related to Rendezvous in his case. I think iTunes 6 is a little bit iffy on the quality.
matticus008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store