Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jun 18, 2013, 08:42 AM   #1
niamhryan4
macrumors newbie

Digitizing software learning curve

For all you digitizers out there who respond to my newbie question thank you in advance. We all know that digitizing software costs an arm and a leg these days or any other day for that matter so I want to make sure that I'm not just gonna throw my money away when or if I decide to bite the bullet and finally learn some digitizing. I do have an embroidery machine (tajima tfmx c1501, had barudan single head before). My question is, for someone like me who is computer literate (at least I think I am ), is learning a digitizing software all that difficult? Appreciate your input!
niamhryan4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 08:54 AM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

You are only the latest person to ask about converting images to from raster graphics to embroidery. In the case of a raster graphic, you image is formed by ink on paper or light on a computer monitor. In the case of embroidery, your image is formed by thread on cloth. The differences in media are profound making the change from ink to thread non-trivial. By non-trivial, I mean that an automated digitizer unlikely to give satisfactory results--except in the simplest cases.

This is not the only forum where this question has been asked. Some will falsely state that such software is available or will post You Tube videos demonstrating embroidery digitizing. However, you can find truthful answers if you can handle the truth. Read the second response here.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics