Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1
cfhjag
macrumors member

Can't access my other computer anymore

Hello,

I'm on a macbook pro and I need to be able to access my Powerbook G4 over the network. The G4 is hooked up with a cable straight to the router and the Macbook is wireless. I'm need to share two harddrives that I've hooked up to the G4.

It worked just fine before but now I'm getting this error:
http://imgur.com/GTYtLGR

I can still use the screen sharing so I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm loggin in as admin.

Thanks for your help!
H

----------

Also, I decided to let the media computer (G4) always have the same IP. Like this: http://i.imgur.com/jlnyWLL.png
cfhjag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:47 PM   #2
cfhjag
macrumors member

Another weird thing is that my computer doesn't connect to the network automatically after a restart. Maybe it has got something to do with the fact that I changed the security to WPA2-PSK? Also I have automatic channel selection...
cfhjag is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking