Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 6, 2005, 01:08 AM   #1
NewbieNerd
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to NewbieNerd
Creating libraries in Objective-C/Cocoa

I'm pretty new to the Cocoa programming, and I am curious about what the different libraries are to create in XCode. Suppose I want to start a library project called X. If I choose dynamically linked library, it builds libX.dylib; if I choose static library, it builds libX.a; if I choose bundle, it builds libX.bundle. What are these things and what is the difference? Should I just create all seperate class files on my own and then tie them together via a single header file libX.h that just imports them? TEACH ME!
NewbieNerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 03:21 AM   #2
caveman_uk

What are you creating a library to do? If it's to be used by other Cocoa programs then IMO you're best off creating a framework. If you want to create a system library then my guess is you shouldn't being using cocoa at all- foundation maybe.
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming