Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b00st4ddicted

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Dear All,

I just got the 2013 13" MBA base model yesterday. Everything is working out well except for random wifi signal drops. I have been doing some researching on google and it turns out I am not the only one that has this problem. I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Astrofox

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Dear All,

I just got the 2013 13" MBA base model yesterday. Everything is working out well except for random wifi signal drops. I have been doing some researching on google and it turns out I am not the only one that has this problem. I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance.

I've been experiencing drops when my 2011 MBA goes to sleep lately. I thought it was my router, but it might be the last update causing it because it has never happened before.

b00st4ddicted

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
I've been experiencing drops when my 2011 MBA goes to sleep lately. I thought it was my router, but it might be the last update causing it because it has never happened before.

mine just drops randomly while browsing the internet.

hmp

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I was experiencing the same problem on my 2013 MBA 11". The connection would drop when I would go to a particular coffee shop, but not at home or other places.

Surprisingly, making a change in Keychain Acesss, as suggested by this link, has fixed the problem:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/25/potential-fix-for-an-annoying-macbook-air-wireless-issue/

I launched Keychain Access, searched for the SSID of the network I was having issues with, went to Access Control and changed the setting to "Allow all applications to access the item".

Worked for me and the connection hasn't dropped since.

b00st4ddicted

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
I was experiencing the same problem on my 2013 MBA 11". The connection would drop when I would go to a particular coffee shop, but not at home or other places.

Surprisingly, making a change in Keychain Acesss, as suggested by this link, has fixed the problem:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/25/potential-fix-for-an-annoying-macbook-air-wireless-issue/

I launched Keychain Access, searched for the SSID of the network I was having issues with, went to Access Control and changed the setting to "Allow all applications to access the item".

Worked for me and the connection hasn't dropped since.

thank you so much for the link. I will definitely give that a test. I honestly don't care for anywhere else because I am home most of the time hahaha...

zedtech78

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I had intermittent wifi "stalls" the first couple days but everything seems to be normal now. I say stall because wifi was still connected, just wasn't responding.

Mine's a 13" Ultimate Edition FWIW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.