Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Anyone who's a developer with Xcode5-DP1, we should figure out how to get these Internal settings installed correctly!

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
I've decompiled springboard's binary executable and have found references to enabling the settings...Will update more as I find out more.

zerostar

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
It's just not probable.

I agree, that is wayyy too much control over things for Apple to include it. I would LOVE to be shown otherwise but I think "Apple knows best".

Those "hidden settings" are just there so when they are working on the UI they can quickly change settings to see what is best, instead of having to tweak/update tweak/update.

ScreamingBug

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Bring up settings

So far, I tried editing my backup for my iPhone adding SBPrototypeSettingsEnabled and made its Boolean true. That did not work.

Help me out guys

Maybe after you have modified the plist try to go (on your iPhone) under Settings>General>About, bring up control center and press volume button (+) or "(-) and then quickly (+)"

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Anyone who's a developer with Xcode5-DP1, we should figure out how to get these Internal settings installed correctly!

I've decompiled springboard's binary executable and have found references to enabling the settings...Will update more as I find out more.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Kudos to you for not only having an idea, but also the means to execute on it! That's rare around here.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Maybe after you have modified the plist try to go (on your iPhone) under Settings>General>About, bring up control center and press volume button (+) or "(-) and then quickly (+)"

That did not work :(

----------

Well, that escalated quickly.

Kudos to you for not only having an idea, but also the means to execute on it! That's rare around here.

Just trying to put a team together here :)

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Just added SBRootSettings BOOL true to com.apple.Springboard.plist and still no dice :(

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
Looks like in the defaultSettings.plist there is an allowUIConfigurationProfileInstallation that is set to YES. This may mean that you need a crafted profile added to the device to enable this. I will do more investigating later.

I was looking through the decrypted rootfs by the way....

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Looks like in the defaultSettings.plist there is an allowUIConfigurationProfileInstallation that is set to YES. This may mean that you need a crafted profile added to the device to enable this. I will do more investigating later.

I was looking through the decrypted rootfs by the way....

Same here, decrypted 2 days ago and have been looking ever since...

Btw, we should all get a chatroom going or something?

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Ok go ahead, when the phone ends up messed up we don't wanna see them here complaining.

But like if they do it themselves and screw their phone up all they need to do us a restore...this isn't a bootROM type modification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.