Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you use the Beta for?

• Testing apps

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Playing with the new iOS due to impatience

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • Don't have the beta

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado
Just curious how many people with access to th beta use iOS 7 for their apps or wether people get the beta because they can't wait till the formal release. I personally use it to test my apps, not just fool around with it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Even if you get it to test apps you are still going to play around with the OS.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm not sure who it hurts if people (read: non developers) want to install it on their device to just play with it. If they feel like dealing with occasional bugs and crashes, that's their prerogative.

Ammooy

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
mostly just want to play with it :)

It's considered the first iOS design by Jony Ive. Cannot wait to experience every detail of it. By far it looks quite promising to me :)

HarryAinslie

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
Doncaster, England, UK
I couldn't wait any longer so i downloaded it last night through the correct channels!

I would love to develop an app for my business, however when i downloaded Xcode, i just don't know where to start!

I personally think iOS 7 is absolutely awesome, the new design is great, and actually can't wait for Beta 2. I don't understand these people that say it's rubbish because nothing is new, yet when asked what they would have liked to see on the new platform, they simply look at you as though an alien has crawled out your eyeball!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.