Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1
dugbug
macrumors 6502a

qello is quite interesting

If you haven't done so, turn on your free trial to qello. Its loaded with documentaries and concerts from all sorts of classic and current bands.

Some of the streaming was not smooth, and I wish I could queue something like in netflix (if you see something you like, you just have to re-find it later).
Old Jun 23, 2013, 09:25 AM   #2
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post
If you haven't done so, turn on your free trial to qello. Its loaded with documentaries and concerts from all sorts of classic and current bands.

Some of the streaming was not smooth, and I wish I could queue something like in netflix (if you see something you like, you just have to re-find it later).
I like it so far, have always liked live music and such. Agree about needing a queue
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:53 PM   #3
SrWebDeveloper
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

I also wish to report the streaming was not smooth, I had choppy and irregular playback on an intermittent basis with Qello. I'm not sure if it was due to the recent update and tons of people checking it out resulting in load issues on their end, or what, but it sure was noticeable and frustrating. There is no way I am going to continue payments until I re-visit in a few weeks and don't experience the trouble.

On a side note the content is limited and duplicated (i.e. both 1970's and Rock) and I can always get bootlegs via other means and You Tube, but it was easy to use and full of old concerts I really enjoyed viewing. For example, Genesis live at Wembley or the many "Classic Albums" series, uncensored. Unlike YouTube, of course it was very nice to be able to skip tracks like on a CD.

It has potential but right now it should be $2.99/month.
SrWebDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater