Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfldmike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
So I spilled an adult beverage on my late 2012 MacBook Air 11" I took it to Apple and they were able to backup my data on an external HDD.

Yesterday I purchased the 2013 MacBook Air 11" and I was wondering if there was a way that I could switch hard drives...just so I can erase my personal info on from it. I obviously don't want to make it a permanent switch.

I heard that the 2013 SSD is smaller compared to the 2012 version.

Any ideas..???

mfldmike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I have the data I need on an external HDD already...this SSD from the 2012 MBA is still functional so I'd like to get rid of it, but before I do I need to erase all my information from it.

Is there some sort of cable that I can use to connect as USB or something so I can format and run some integrity tests on it??

MeatRocket

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2013
In the Sandbox
I have the data I need on an external HDD already...this SSD from the 2012 MBA is still functional so I'd like to get rid of it, but before I do I need to erase all my information from it.

Is there some sort of cable that I can use to connect as USB or something so I can format and run some integrity tests on it??

You might try OWC, they have an external enclosure they ship with their upgrade kits. You might could buy just the enclosure.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Aura_Pro_Air_2010

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.