Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1
dwrawr
macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro HDMI connection problem

Hi! I have a late 2010 model Macbook pro, 13". I recently bought a Dynex flatscreen LCD, 26". I also have an old HDMI cord and an adapter that came with the TV - unfortunately I don't know what model it is.

When I plug the HDMI to the TV, and into the mini display port adapter, my screen turns blue. I also have the display settings in the menu bar *it identifies that I am connected to the LCD TV.

However, on the TV, it continues to say "no signal". I'm not sure what is wrong... since my laptop recognizes that I am connected, I don't think it's a simple matter of jimmying the cords.

Help, please and thank you?!
dwrawr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2
r0k
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrawr View Post
Hi! I have a late 2010 model Macbook pro, 13". I recently bought a Dynex flatscreen LCD, 26". I also have an old HDMI cord and an adapter that came with the TV - unfortunately I don't know what model it is.

When I plug the HDMI to the TV, and into the mini display port adapter, my screen turns blue. I also have the display settings in the menu bar *it identifies that I am connected to the LCD TV.

However, on the TV, it continues to say "no signal". I'm not sure what is wrong... since my laptop recognizes that I am connected, I don't think it's a simple matter of jimmying the cords.

Help, please and thank you?!
I've never connected a Mac using HDMI. I use VGA or DVI. I have heard that some monitors (and TVs) support some sort of DVI using an HDMI cable but this feature is usually only available on one of the inputs. Have you tried your Mac on every HDMI input of your TV?
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help