Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:42 PM   #1
photogpab
macrumors 6502

New Music Application

love it, except one thing. when i sort by artist, and click on that artist, i used to just get a list of album titles so i could select the album i wanted quickly.

now it shows every album + song on one screen and i have to scroll and scroll and scroll through all the songs till i find the album i want.

takes a lot longer.
photogpab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Dee2001
macrumors member

This is one of the only things I dislike about iOS7. One of my Artists has 39 different titles and it takes forever the scroll through them to get to album/track I want to play.
Dee2001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:49 PM   #3
BasicGreatGuy
macrumors 65816

That is a pain in the butt.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:49 PM   #4
YoNadz
macrumors regular

I also hate that they removed the STAR rating from songs. I used to use that to mark songs that I planned to remove later with 1 star. Hopefully they return that function when the full version is launched.
YoNadz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:51 PM   #5
mrapplegate
macrumors 68030

Give Apple that feedback.
mrapplegate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:54 PM   #6
photogpab
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2001 View Post
This is one of the only things I dislike about iOS7. One of my Artists has 39 different titles and it takes forever the scroll through them to get to album/track I want to play.
yep. one of my artists has 25+ albums and i scroll and scroll forever trying to find the album, then accidentally pass it, then have to go back. its a headache. i hate it.

i think everything else looks nice. just wish they would change this one thing.
photogpab is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:17 PM   #7
kmj2318
macrumors 6502a

Yeah I don't like it. I can see why they did it, I bet that most people only have a few songs off an album if they only get the singles. I, on the other hand, like having full albums, so for my case it's kind of a pain. Although, it would be much less annoying if scrolling didn't lag so much here.
kmj2318 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Northernist
macrumors member

Agreed.. I have the full albums on my computer but for my iPhone I typically like to sync only the songs I listen to so it can be annoying to have all the albums display.

And sometimes I want to just listen to all the songs from an artist regardless of album, which currently isn't possible without using Siri. Right now you can only repeat by album.
Northernist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:17 PM   #9
zosokm
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoNadz View Post
I also hate that they removed the STAR rating from songs. I used to use that to mark songs that I planned to remove later with 1 star. Hopefully they return that function when the full version is launched.
Thats a very important feature. I use it in precisely the same way - Hope they add it back to final build
zosokm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:31 PM   #10
YoNadz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernist View Post
Agreed.. I have the full albums on my computer but for my iPhone I typically like to sync only the songs I listen to so it can be annoying to have all the albums display.

And sometimes I want to just listen to all the songs from an artist regardless of album, which currently isn't possible without using Siri. Right now you can only repeat by album.
and you can only shuffle by album. no more shuffling all titles from the same artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrapplegate View Post
Give Apple that feedback.
how do i go about doing that?
YoNadz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:38 PM   #11
jbenkelman
macrumors regular

I have so much music that even the iOS 6 music app was a headache for me sometimes.

My advice?

Use the search. Go into settings and put "Music" near the top of the search bar settings, and when you start to search for albums and artist it actually gets smart. For example....

If I search for "Imagine Dragons" a lot, it makes it a "TOP HIT" and the second I type an I in search it pulls up the album.

This was a lot easier for me in iOS 6 so I am not worried about adjusting to iOS 7 and its new music app.

Give it a shot!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:56 PM   #12
tremlock
macrumors 6502

Don't forget the cool effect next to the song name when a song is playing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	419039  
tremlock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:01 PM   #13
sammich
macrumors 601

I also love the new feature where the music doesn't play.

And how I sometimes opens up Radio for me (in Australia, where it's not supposed to work) and switches my Stores (App and iTunes) to the US and I can't buy stuff until I sign in and out. The radio part actually works though

And this morning I had the part where the previous song in the playlist was being played but was displaying the current song info...
Old Jun 22, 2013, 07:47 PM   #14
Loge
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogpab View Post
love it, except one thing. when i sort by artist, and click on that artist, i used to just get a list of album titles so i could select the album i wanted quickly.
Hope this is restored. And in iOS6 when you have a lot of albums by one artist, you get a alphabetic selector on the right which reduces the scrolling required. Hopefully that will be available in a subsequent build.
Loge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:04 PM   #15
notrack
macrumors 6502

What I miss is sorting (for date added and others). This I consider as a rather basic functionality and more important than fancy effects.
notrack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:40 PM   #16
photogpab
macrumors 6502

i was also surprised they didnt implement new features like "play next". its a great feature on itunes where you can select the next song while the current song is still playing.

shame its not on iOS 7
photogpab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:03 AM   #17
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrack View Post
What I miss is sorting (for date added and others). This I consider as a rather basic functionality and more important than fancy effects.
Recently Added and Recently Played smart playlists take care of this - improved and automatic if you use iTunes Match.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:34 AM   #18
matttye
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoNadz View Post
how do i go about doing that?
http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Or post on the developer forum... I guess Apple may not pay much attention to feedback about iOS 7 using the above link.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:52 AM   #19
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

I actually prefer the new way.
cmChimera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:45 PM   #20
AppleNewton
macrumors 65816

the previous way of having all the list of albums with the option to shuffle all, is that no longer present in the new version? That was a huge plus for me..
AppleNewton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:12 PM   #21
notrack
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
Recently Added and Recently Played smart playlists take care of this - improved and automatic if you use iTunes Match.
Nice, didn't think of smart lists, even better than sorting. Could you specify the improved and automatic part?
notrack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:06 AM   #22
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrack View Post
Nice, didn't think of smart lists, even better than sorting. Could you specify the improved and automatic part?
Well, you add or play a track in iTunes and if using Match the playlists automatically update on all your devices. It seems much faster using iOS 7 than iOS 6 - almost instant.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:49 AM   #23
KingDavid
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loge View Post
Hope this is restored. And in iOS6 when you have a lot of albums by one artist, you get a alphabetic selector on the right which reduces the scrolling required. Hopefully that will be available in a subsequent build.
Except, the problem is, that the albums aren't sorted alphabetically. They're sorted chronologically.
KingDavid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:20 AM   #24
Loge
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid View Post
Except, the problem is, that the albums aren't sorted alphabetically. They're sorted chronologically.
OK, that's another change from iOS6 then. Not really a good choice for classical.
Loge is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7