Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:00 AM   #1
imaginex20
macrumors 6502a

One AppleID, two IPhones - shared iTunes Radio playlists

My GF and I share an iTunes account and each of us have our own iCloud accounts. The problem is that when she or I sign Into the iTunes and App Store under settings, we now have the same playlists for iTunes Radio.

Hopefully Apple allows seperate accounts to "sign" into the music app itself
imaginex20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:15 PM   #2
nheilweil
macrumors regular

Ugh, that's terrible. Like you I share the same Apple ID with the family but have separate iCloud Apple ID's.

But what exactly do you mean by iTunes Radio Playlist? Are you referring to the iTunes Radio wishlist or is there a Radio playlist feature I'm not aware of?
nheilweil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:29 PM   #3
imaginex20
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nheilweil View Post
Ugh, that's terrible. Like you I share the same Apple ID with the family but have separate iCloud Apple ID's.

But what exactly do you mean by iTunes Radio Playlist? Are you referring to the iTunes Radio wishlist or is there a Radio playlist feature I'm not aware of?
Sorry, what I meant were "My Stations". The radio stations that are set as your "favorites".

It sucks because now for example, if I listen to hip hop and my SO listens to a Britney Spears station we'll have the same stations displayed in iTunes Radio
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Night Spring
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginex20 View Post
Sorry, what I meant were "My Stations". The radio stations that are set as your "favorites".

It sucks because now for example, if I listen to hip hop and my SO listens to a Britney Spears station we'll have the same stations displayed in iTunes Radio
Exactly. And I couldn't find a way to reorder the stations, either. If we could order the stations, so that, for instance, all my playlists are at the top and my partner's are at the bottom, that would help a bit.

But I'm not optimistic about Apple fixing this any time soon. They are terrible about ID management. They always start designing things by presuming that it will be one user = one ID, and don't take into account people sharing IDs.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:51 PM   #5
Risco
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Spring View Post
Exactly. And I couldn't find a way to reorder the stations, either. If we could order the stations, so that, for instance, all my playlists are at the top and my partner's are at the bottom, that would help a bit.

But I'm not optimistic about Apple fixing this any time soon. They are terrible about ID management. They always start designing things by presuming that it will be one user = one ID, and don't take into account people sharing IDs.
It has nothing to do with ID management or Apple. It is due to licensing restrictions by the greedy music companies....
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:59 PM   #6
imaginex20
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
It has nothing to do with ID management or Apple. It is due to licensing restrictions by the greedy music companies....
What the??? This has to do everything about Apple ID management. You cannot listen to iTunes radio until you log in with your iTunes account. In my case, we share Apple IDs so therefore our stations are the same...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:03 AM   #7
nheilweil
macrumors regular

Quote:

Oh no I hadn't even considered that! That SUCKS! Total fail. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter since I'll end up being the only one to actually use iTunes Radio anyways -- the rest of the family already declaring that the song choices suck!

----------

Quote:
What the??? This has to do everything about Apple ID management. You cannot listen to iTunes radio until you log in with your iTunes account. In my case, we share Apple IDs so therefore our stations are the same...
Agree this is about which account logs in, not that you need an account.
nheilweil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:36 PM   #8
imolarot
macrumors newbie

Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?

We can edit the station name to have our name in each of our stations, but I'm hoping there's a better way.
imolarot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:40 PM   #9
JBaker122586
macrumors 65816

The only solution is: don't share an Apple ID. They're not meant to be shared.

Not being able to merge Apple IDs is a stupid issue Apple needs to fix, but two people sharing an ID isn't. Part of the way iTunes Radio works is by analyzing the purchasing and listening habits of each Apple ID to pinpoint music that might be interesting to them.
JBaker122586 is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7