Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
My GF and I share an iTunes account and each of us have our own iCloud accounts. The problem is that when she or I sign Into the iTunes and App Store under settings, we now have the same playlists for iTunes Radio.

Hopefully Apple allows seperate accounts to "sign" into the music app itself

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Ugh, that's terrible. Like you I share the same Apple ID with the family but have separate iCloud Apple ID's.

But what exactly do you mean by iTunes Radio Playlist? Are you referring to the iTunes Radio wishlist or is there a Radio playlist feature I'm not aware of?

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Ugh, that's terrible. Like you I share the same Apple ID with the family but have separate iCloud Apple ID's.

But what exactly do you mean by iTunes Radio Playlist? Are you referring to the iTunes Radio wishlist or is there a Radio playlist feature I'm not aware of?

Sorry, what I meant were "My Stations". The radio stations that are set as your "favorites".

It sucks because now for example, if I listen to hip hop and my SO listens to a Britney Spears station we'll have the same stations displayed in iTunes Radio

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Sorry, what I meant were "My Stations". The radio stations that are set as your "favorites".

It sucks because now for example, if I listen to hip hop and my SO listens to a Britney Spears station we'll have the same stations displayed in iTunes Radio

Exactly. And I couldn't find a way to reorder the stations, either. If we could order the stations, so that, for instance, all my playlists are at the top and my partner's are at the bottom, that would help a bit.

But I'm not optimistic about Apple fixing this any time soon. They are terrible about ID management. They always start designing things by presuming that it will be one user = one ID, and don't take into account people sharing IDs.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Exactly. And I couldn't find a way to reorder the stations, either. If we could order the stations, so that, for instance, all my playlists are at the top and my partner's are at the bottom, that would help a bit.

But I'm not optimistic about Apple fixing this any time soon. They are terrible about ID management. They always start designing things by presuming that it will be one user = one ID, and don't take into account people sharing IDs.

It has nothing to do with ID management or Apple. It is due to licensing restrictions by the greedy music companies....

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
It has nothing to do with ID management or Apple. It is due to licensing restrictions by the greedy music companies....

What the??? This has to do everything about Apple ID management. You cannot listen to iTunes radio until you log in with your iTunes account. In my case, we share Apple IDs so therefore our stations are the same...

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA

Oh no I hadn't even considered that! That SUCKS! Total fail. Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter since I'll end up being the only one to actually use iTunes Radio anyways -- the rest of the family already declaring that the song choices suck!

----------

What the??? This has to do everything about Apple ID management. You cannot listen to iTunes radio until you log in with your iTunes account. In my case, we share Apple IDs so therefore our stations are the same...

Agree this is about which account logs in, not that you need an account.

imolarot

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?

We can edit the station name to have our name in each of our stations, but I'm hoping there's a better way.

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
The only solution is: don't share an Apple ID. They're not meant to be shared.

Not being able to merge Apple IDs is a stupid issue Apple needs to fix, but two people sharing an ID isn't. Part of the way iTunes Radio works is by analyzing the purchasing and listening habits of each Apple ID to pinpoint music that might be interesting to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.