Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:53 PM   #1
kaibex
macrumors 6502

iOS 7 installed on iPhone 5

Has anyone noticed their device getting extremely hot after 5+ mins continuous use?

It always got hot from time to time, but seems to be bordering on too hot now. I know it's the first beta, so hopefully if it is common it will be gone by the beta 2.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2
naasrd
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibex View Post
Has anyone noticed their device getting extremely hot after 5+ mins continuous use?

It always got hot from time to time, but seems to be bordering on too hot now. I know it's the first beta, so hopefully if it is common it will be gone by the beta 2.
A Reset Network Settings fixed that for me last night.
naasrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:09 PM   #3
samreddevilz
macrumors newbie

still not installed but waiting for that.... hope do soon.
samreddevilz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Swiss-G
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Had this with just about every early beta release in iOS 5 and 6.

As stated above resetting network normally helps.
Swiss-G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 09:20 PM   #5
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:

I've used my phone continuously for longer periods of time and still don't notice and heat issues.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:41 AM   #6
kaibex
macrumors 6502

Thanks for replies, will give that a try.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:23 AM   #7
SJism23
macrumors 6502a

For anyone running the beta on his iPhone 5: do you notice any sort of lag or slowdown you think is caused by a hardware limitation or is it impossible to tell because it's a beta and too early to tell? I ask because I'm considering getting an iPhone 5 soon and am wondering if I should wait for the 5S. If the iPhone 5 runs the upcoming OS well enough then it doesn't matter.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:42 AM   #8
BasicGreatGuy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJism23 View Post
For anyone running the beta on his iPhone 5: do you notice any sort of lag or slowdown you think is caused by a hardware limitation or is it impossible to tell because it's a beta and too early to tell? I ask because I'm considering getting an iPhone 5 soon and am wondering if I should wait for the 5S. If the iPhone 5 runs the upcoming OS well enough then it doesn't matter.
The iPhone 5 will run iOS 7 just fine. There may be one of two things that the 5s might be able to do, that the iPhone 5 can't. Who knows. If you need a new phone, no reason not to get a iPhone 5, in my opinion.

It is impossible to keep up with technology, unless one has a lot of money, and doesn't mind wasting it.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:42 AM   #9
naasrd
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJism23 View Post
Not that I noticed. Running smooth, sometimes faster.
naasrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7