Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
Did a bit of searching and found nothing.

Making up a slideshow for my sister's wedding. I threw some stuff out on a light table just to put some ideas together. I thought it would be a reasonable thing to assume if I dragged them one at a time onto a slide show the pictures would end up in the order I dragged them in - not so!

I have sort order set to "manual" everywhere. The order seems to have something to do with the project the pictures are originally from, is not the order I dragged them in.

May just have to do this in keynote instead, but I really wanted to use ken burns effect.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Did a bit of searching and found nothing.

Making up a slideshow for my sister's wedding. I threw some stuff out on a light table just to put some ideas together. I thought it would be a reasonable thing to assume if I dragged them one at a time onto a slide show the pictures would end up in the order I dragged them in - not so!

I have sort order set to "manual" everywhere. The order seems to have something to do with the project the pictures are originally from, is not the order I dragged them in.

May just have to do this in keynote instead, but I really wanted to use ken burns effect.

Have you tried dragging them around within the slideshow?

/Jim

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
Yes you can do that, but if they'd just stay in the order I dragged them in I wouldn't have to. After more than about 10 slides it becomes rather tedious to find the ones you've just put in.

Well I decided I liked being able to make slides with composed layouts in keynote better anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.