Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
My friend is a developer and gave me a UDID slot so that I can test out iOS 7 beta. My question is once the GM is released after beta 4, will I just be able to update to GM OTA or will I have to update via iTunes like for beta 1?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
My friend is a developer and gave me a UDID slot so that I can test out iOS 7 beta. My question is once the GM is released after beta 4, will I just be able to update to GM OTA or will I have to update via iTunes like for beta 1?

Most likely it will be a physical(itunes) update from beta to GM as in the past.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco

The GMs are generally restore-only. If you wait for it to be in iTunes, then you can possibly upgrade, but otherwise there's not really any OTA option unless you revert back to iOS 6 and do an OTA when it's released to the general public.

Last edited by a moderator:

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India

The last version of iOS7 will be GM for developers and the same is equivalent to the version which will be out for public. So you wont have to do anyting, just keep updating the beta.

Also even if you want to re-install the final version which comes out for public, you can download the firmware file and restore your phone via itunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.