Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moto7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
I'm currently typing this on a different computer, as my Macbook is currently "off."

I will provide specs and power/battery info when it's back on. I did take a pic with my phone to provide this:

Processor: 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB
Serial #: nope lol
Software: OSX 10.8.2 (12C3104)

The laptop is shutting off completely for about 5 minutes and then will come back on for a few minutes and then shut off again, etcetera. Eventually, it just stays off. After a while it will turn on again after I have closed it and reopen it.

I can't access the battery information right now, but the last I checked the cycle count was 71 and the Amperage at the time was zero, meaning that the power was being solely drawn from the AC charger. The charging light, however, will be orange and then turn green as if it was charging. I believe it has only been working when the light is green.

Upon research, I have found that many people are having SERIOUS issues with this line of Macbooks, and needless to say I am VERY DISPLEASED with Apple. The amount I payed for this is ridiculous without the problems, let alone.....

Apparently some of these were crafted with LG display technology and some with Samsung. Which I have, I do not yet know.

I should be still under the one year manufacture warranty, and I will be taking it in to a certified dealer/service tomorrow, but figured I would check in with the community to see if people know of similar problems.

Thanks for reading!

moto7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Unfortunately, no it is not displaying battery warnings. It's actually at 100% and the problem is now happening with or without the cable (the computer does stay on without the cable so officially the problem is not the battery)

From what a certified dealer told me today, it is basically going to sleep intermittently as opposed to shutting off, which would require reboot. The computer comes back to right where it was before sleeping.

Basically I have a narcoleptic computer :p

Just got off the phone with Apple, and I will be sending it in for review under manufacture warranty.

Thank you for the input!!!

and no, it's not overheating, but that would make sense...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.