Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asphalt-proof

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
Magrathea
Ok this is probably a really lame question but is there any way of attaching my Xbox to my FP iMac so that I can use its screen to play my xbox. Is there some sort of usb dongle that I can plug my xbox into? I can't use it with my TV (TV is in my baby's room... small house.)

yoak

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Sorry, I asked a similar question a while back and I was told by members of this forum that it´s not possible.
Please correct me if I´m wrong

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
There are ways, but the quality sucks and the price is ridiculous, probably several hundred dollars for the device. For that amount of money, it would probably be cheaper to buy a simple 25" TV just for the Xbox. The quality will be a lot better and it will be a bigger screen.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Yeah can't find the thread either, but FYI XBOXes & Macs don't tend to play too well together. You're definitely better off just buying a new TV.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
EyeTV USB Wonder 2.0

Yes, you can hook up your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, Atari 2600 or whatever else you want to your Mac. Go to the Elgato website and check out the EyeTV USB Wonder 2.0. I have that and it works great for gaming. There is no Mpeg encoder on it, so there is no delay in getting the signal to your screen as there is in other TV tuners.
The other big positive is you can use your Mac as PVR with this as well, and it's only $150 US or so (I paid about $200 Canadian)

Let me know if you have any questions about it and I'll help you out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.