|Jun 24, 2013, 11:59 AM||#1|
Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers with iPad and iPad Mini Support
Two weeks after Apple released the first beta version of iOS 7 following its unveiling at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has just released a second beta for testing. The update is currently available through Apple's over-the-air updating system on iOS devices, and should be posted soon to the iOS Dev Center.
The beta 2 appears as build 11A4400f, up from the previous 11a4372q.
iOS 7 is scheduled for release in the fall of this year, undoubtedly alongside new iOS hardware. Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini will all be due for updates in the latter portion of this year, and if past history is any indication iOS 7 should be made available to the public just a few days before the launch of the next-generation iPhone.
Updates on changes in beta 2:
- Beta 2 is available not only for iPhone and iPod touch, but also iPad and iPad mini. The first beta released alongside the WWDC keynote did not include official iPad support, with Apple announcing that iPad versions of iOS 7 would follow in the coming weeks.
iOS 7 beta 2 for iPad home screen (Source: 9to5Mac)
iOS 7 beta 2 for iPad control center (Source: 9to5Mac)- In line with previous hints, the Voice Memos app has returned in beta 2.
- The new male and female Siri voices showed off by Apple at WWDC are now available in English.
- Multiple users are reporting that Siri is much faster than in beta 1.
- In addition to iOS beta 2, Apple has also released Xcode 5 Developer Preview 2 and a second beta of Apple TV Software version 5.4.
(You must be a paid registered Apple developer to access these links.)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
Article Link: Apple Seeds iOS 7 Beta 2 to Developers with iPad and iPad Mini Support
|Jun 24, 2013, 12:01 PM||#7|
This couldn't have come at a better time! The bugs and amount of broken things was getting long in the tooth... I hope this fixes a lot.
Laptop --> 17" Hi-Res AG 2.3 Sandy Bridge / 16GB RAM / Crucial M4 SSD 512GB / 10.8
iPhone --> 64GB Gold iPhone 5s
iPad --> White 64GB AT&T LTE
Desktop --> The Beast
|Jun 24, 2013, 12:05 PM||#18|
Hopefully it address some of those nasty bugs, crashing and lag
|Jun 24, 2013, 12:05 PM||#20|
Please fix the battery drain on the iPhone 5... please!
Laptop: 15" Unibody MacBook Pro [Penryn], 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB HD, nVidia 9400M
Desktop: Mac Pro [Harpertown] 2.8GHz Quad, 7GB RAM, 120 GT, 24" LED Cinema Display Mobile:iPhone
|Jun 24, 2013, 12:05 PM||#22|
|Jun 24, 2013, 12:05 PM||#23|
Mac 512k, iPad
|Jun 24, 2013, 12:06 PM||#24|
I honestly don't mind the icons not being updated in this beta, if the crashes and alignment bugs are fixed then I'm satisfied.
MBP | iPhone 5 | iPad Mini w/Retina | iPod Touch 4G
Check out my YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/idevicej
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.