Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Except you are completely wrong.

As much as I don't support people who shouldn't be installing iOS 7 doing so, don't go spreading garbage.

And think about: With the prevalence of non-devs installing betas, Apple would be shooting themselves in the proverbial customer service foot by aggressively disabling devices.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
So glad they've done this ... sick of coming on here and seeing non-devs saying, about a BETA 1 release "iOS 7 is rubbish because ... my Skype not working, it's lagging a bit, the text is overlapping." ... All very easy to sort and will be by public release - doesn't mean there's anything fundamentally wrong with the new OS!

edit:
... darn you got my hopes up! Still stand by my point though

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
So glad they've done this ... sick of coming on here and seeing non-devs saying, about a BETA 1 release "iOS 7 is rubbish because ... my Skype not working, it's lagging a bit, the text is overlapping." ... All very easy to sort and will be by public release - doesn't mean there's anything fundamentally wrong with the new OS!

edit:

You'd just see "iOS 7 beta 2 put my phone in DFU mode, what do I do?" 100 times a day instead.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011

edit:
The only tangible solution would be to hang out in an actual developer's forum. I think there is probably only 5 or so actual devs in this iOS section.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
The only tangible solution would be to hang out in an actual developer's forum. I think there is probably only 5 or so actual devs in this iOS section.

Your username is relevant to the new ios 7 using 5 dots for full signal strength. Some kinda oracle? :cool:

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
MOD NOTE

We're closing this thread because it does seem that installing iOS 7 Beta 2 does not 'brick' your iDevice, and as such this discussion is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.