Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
So, I sold my current macbook in hopes buying an open box 15" rMBP that was marked down to about $1750. But they sold out of it before I could snag it.

Now, i'm NOT taking any deal less than that. Do you guys have any idea of where else I could look for a deal like this???

It was a high end rMBP from 2012
512gb SSD
8gigs ram
quad core i7 2.6ghz

Last edited:

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
It was a high end rMBP from 2012
512gb SSD
8gigs ram
quad core i7 2.6ghz

I'd start scouring Best Buy and see if any stores near you get open box or clearance machines. I posted up for someone last week that same machine you want above and I think BB had it for around $2k on clearance in my local store. I was able to pick up a 2.7, 16GB, 512BG for $2k a few months back by haggling with the guys.

Go to the BB website and click on Shops and Deals->In Store Clearance and Open Box and plug in your zip code and check the local stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17301&type=page

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I'd start scouring Best Buy and see if any stores near you get open box or clearance machines. I posted up for someone last week that same machine you want above and I think BB had it for around $2k on clearance in my local store. I was able to pick up a 2.7, 16GB, 512BG for $2k a few months back by haggling with the guys.

Go to the BB website and click on Shops and Deals->In Store Clearance and Open Box and plug in your zip code and check the local stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17301&type=page

Yep, tried that. There is no deal like that ANYWHERE else in my area. Ah well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.