Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Running Beta 2 and boy does it lag. I've also noticed touch screen responsiveness isn't what it should be. Of course its in beta for a reason and I get that, but am wondering if this is due to the iPhone 4S's aging hardware?

Anyone own both a 4S and 5 that could elaborate on how iOS7 runs on a 5?

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
This is hilarious to me. Two separate new threads both about the new Beta on a iPhone 4S. If you notice lag, report it to Apple. If you can't, then you shouldn't be on the Beta, plain and simple. That is what the Beta is for. Complaining on MacRumors does nothing!!!

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
It doesn't lag at all. You've done something wrong.

I done a fresh install of beta 2, not an update via OTA.

Compared to beta 1 this is butter smooth.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Running Beta 2 and boy does it lag. I've also noticed touch screen responsiveness isn't what it should be. Of course its in beta for a reason and I get that, but am wondering if this is due to the iPhone 4S's aging hardware?

my iphone 5 running iOS 7 was lagging like crazy but I figured out it was iMessage causing the issue. Did a clean install and its fine now :)

rajravat

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
Beta 2 runs about 100% faster on my 4S than beta 1, it is pretty fluid. I did have problems with keyboard lagging, I had to switch iCloud off

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
those of you who installed it on the 4s That experience lag should have seen it coming, ios7 will be designed for the iphone 5S and this makes it like the iphone 4 was to the 5.

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
those of you who installed it on the 4s That experience lag should have seen it coming, ios7 will be designed for the iphone 5S and this makes it like the iphone 4 was to the 5.

Well no, a large number of people still has 4/4s and ios 7 wasn't made exclusively for i5, if that's so, Apple would be basically telling everyone who doesn't have i5 to f off. Now, the people using 3g/3gs or even the original iphone should not expect optimal experience with the new os.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
Well no, a large number of people still has 4/4s and ios 7 wasn't made exclusively for i5, if that's so, Apple would be basically telling everyone who doesn't have i5 to f off. Now, the people using 3g/3gs or even the original iphone should not expect optimal experience with the new os.

nobody can install 7 on the devices older than iphone 4, and ipod touch 5 is the only supported ipod. this system is designed for the 5S when it comes out in september alongside the public release of ios7

Trix10

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
To say it was designed for the iPhone 5 is nonsense. It's designed for most of their products, that's what Apple do.

The iphone 4s is also only one model behind the iphone 5.

I am running ios7 Beta 2, and as stated by others, it's running incredibly smooth. The first Beta was a bit jittery, as i expected, but this update has fixed all of that.

Right now it feels very smooth and responsive as if it was the final product, All i can think is the original poster had an unlucky update which didn't work out so well (As everyone says, it's Beta!!) Try a fresh install like someone else recommended, but it DOES work very nicely on the 4s

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore

Try "Reset All Settings"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.