Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volkstaia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
East Coast of the US
I'm thinking of paying for it, but I'm wondering what forums I would get, the whole "no ads" thing doesn't matter to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
It's another set of forums where folks can gather together and discuss whatever they like (within reason, of course).

How do I contribute to MacRumors.com?
MacRumors.com and the associated pages (Forums, Guides, etc.) are free for everyone to use.

However, users who enjoy using the site and want to support the site may contribute ($25/year). To contribute, click Paid Subscriptions in your User Control Panel (User CP in the toolbar). We accept Paypal.

In thanks for your $25/year contribution we offer you the following benefits:

The satisfaction of knowing you are helping MacRumors (the primary reason to contribute)
Access to a private forum
Removal of most ads
A Demi-God, Demi-Goddess, or Contributor user title, if you want it
The ability to customize your profile page and photo album pages

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm thinking of paying for it, but I'm wondering what forums I would get, the whole "no ads" thing doesn't matter to me.

Another consideration...if you enjoy reading and posting on MacRumors, you might consider the contribution just for it's own sake to support the site.

I am a paid member, and I seldom use the "secret" forums...I contributed because I have made some friends here (on and off line), learned a whole bunch of stuff, had some laughs, and generally enjoy my time on MR.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Another consideration...if you enjoy reading and posting on MacRumors, you might consider the contribution just for it's own sake to support the site.

I am a paid member, and I seldom use the "secret" forums...I contributed because I have made some friends here (on and off line), learned a whole bunch of stuff, had some laughs, and generally enjoy my time on MR.

I would love to contribute the $25 to help this site out as I use it a lot and I'm sure they could use the money to help with server costs or something. But I'll wait and see. I'd need a few things sorted out before I would feel right about donating to this website.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I can neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of any secret forums.

Well said...but I think the cat's out of the bag...:p

I would love to contribute the $25 to help this site out as I use it a lot and I'm sure they could use the money to help with server costs or something. But I'll wait and see. I'd need a few things sorted out before I would feel right about donating to this website.

Perfectly understandable.

I hope it didn't seem as if I were hustling the paid membership. I'm sure you enjoy the site...whether you contribute or not. :D

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

Don't see donating £15 or whatever as a purchase to the private forums, because you'll be solely disappointed. Whereas there are a few good discussions within, it isn't worth the money when looked at from a purchase point of view. See the donation as a donation, and the private forums as a little bonus for donating.

You might have fun in there. But it isn't worth a sole reason to spend £15 for.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
The top secret forums are heavily guarded and are there to inform all contributors of the most secret, secret of Apple's future plans and products. Any IP that is traced attempting to hack into these forums will be found and treated appropriately by the ABI (Apple Bureau of Intelligence).

The top secret forums have the roadmap for every Apple release, every product idea, every design prototype made by Apple in the past, present, and into the next 25 years. It even knows Apple's secret plans for when it plans on... disposing... of current high-end employees.

$25 for all of this. It's worth it. Trust me. Donate to MacRumors.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
There was a time when the private forums were worth way more than the $25 donation.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Attachments

• BE AFRAID....png
    BE AFRAID....png
    297.3 KB · Views: 80
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.