Old Jul 16, 2013, 09:39 AM   #26
Arn0
macrumors regular

We are talking about a bug on Messages app, not Mail app :s
Arn0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:12 AM   #27
thacube
macrumors member

Hopefully next week's Beta 4 resolves this issue...
thacube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:07 PM   #28
hunger4more80
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacube View Post
Hopefully next week's Beta 4 resolves this issue...
PRAYING!!!!
hunger4more80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 08:08 AM   #29
VSMacOne
macrumors 68030

I received an iMessage, then did a hard reset of my iPhone without reading the message. Now I have the stuck badge icon reading 1, and no matter what I do, it won't go away. It's not enough to warrant a fresh install, but I do hope updating to beta 4 might make it go away.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 02:15 PM   #30
bova80
macrumors 6502

same thing happened to me yesterday. Very annoying, hope beta 4 fixes it.
bova80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:56 PM   #31
MikkiiMoo
macrumors newbie

Exclamation :(

I want it to goooo awayyyyyyyyyyy stupid notification
MikkiiMoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 06:14 PM   #32
Efegokmen
macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me 3 days ago it stuck at 6 and it increased to 8 annoyingly today.
I tried using ibackupbot and deleting message data from my latest backup but I wasnt able to find any sms.db or messages.db file. Maybe you can try this way and if you get any results, do not hesitate to share with all of us.
Efegokmen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 07:06 PM   #33
Arn0
macrumors regular

The only way to find those files is to jailbreak our phone.
Arn0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:41 AM   #34
Efegokmen
macrumors newbie

That thing is really annoying.
Efegokmen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:48 PM   #35
schobbot
macrumors newbie

beta 4 removes the wrong badge!!! yeah
schobbot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:58 PM   #36
yalag
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by schobbot View Post
beta 4 removes the wrong badge!!! Yeah
unreal!!!!!11
yalag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:08 PM   #37
hunger4more80
macrumors newbie

I know sooooo happy, BANGING!!!
hunger4more80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:22 PM   #38
ArchieBalfour
macrumors newbie

I had this, the problem was to do with iMessage. When I updated to iOS7, it created a new @icloud.com email address for iCloud. iMessage was automatically set to be sent via this path.

Go to:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see what options are checked. I unchecked the @icloud path and iMessages are being sent via my original path once again.

The unread messages badge was still showing so I deleted the text messages I suspected were causing the problem and it worked.
ArchieBalfour is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 02:15 PM   #39
pwpmixer
macrumors newbie

My iOS 7 update took an unusually long time. I probably hit the servers right when the masses overtook. Since yesterday my Messages icon has been stuck with a 1, with all messages read.

I've tried all the above mentioned attempts, deleted all of yesterdays texts, turned off and on the send & receive, etc. etc. Still have the 1.

Really messing with my ocd. Any more thoughts?

Also getting duplicate photos each time I take a new one. That's another thread though...

P
pwpmixer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:44 AM   #40
Bazzer83
macrumors newbie

Open up your iMessage and delete an older message from one of your chats.
Bazzer83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2013, 09:12 AM   #41
Nikhil1985
macrumors newbie

I am also facing the same issue, message icon always shows unread messages and that too of any single thread. It shows that message in notification centre but when i try to search that in messages i found them in the end, but that thread is not opening and i cannot see those messages. Tried deleting that thread but it than picks some other thread!! I m fed up with this now!
Nikhil1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:42 PM   #42
Jennaelissa
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalag View Post
Will pay $100 to whoever has a fix for this without deleting all my message history.
SOLUTION!!!! All you have to do is go to the very top of the conversation of the person you think the message(s) is/are from and delete them! Worked for me perfectly! Hope this helps!
Jennaelissa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:33 PM   #43
Ebcorporation
macrumors newbie

IOS 7 stuck messages badge icon

Clear iOS 7 stuck messages badge icon.. Think I figured it out, however this is the second time I have fixed this. I have no idea how I did it the first time.I have an 4. I noticed yesterday my phone lost a bunch of iMessages and then suddenly the the little 1 appeared, after doing everything but delete all text messages in whole and resetting the entire phone I was pretty frustrated. So I tried deleting all of the texts I received yesterday and YOWZA the 1 went away! Not sure if this will help anyone but I sure am happy to see it go

Last edited by Ebcorporation; Oct 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
Ebcorporation is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:12 PM   #44
n8henrie
macrumors newbie

My iPad 2 is stuck with 5 messages. Haven't found anything useful in iFunBox, and I'd rather not jailbreak. Tried turning iMessage off and on, tried restarts, tried clearing out the running apps... no luck.
n8henrie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:44 AM   #45
cherohackslife
macrumors newbie

Solution that worked for me

Ok, like you guys I tried everything. Restart. Reboot. Close the app. Remove notifications. None of that crap worked.

Finally what I did was remove all the messages that were associated with the person that I believed is when it happened. So I did a search for that contact. I deleted all group messages, individual messages and anything that even mentioned this persons name.

That worked. It cleared out the notification.
Hope that helps!
cherohackslife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:15 AM   #46
Deadwalker15
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherohackslife View Post
Ok, like you guys I tried everything. Restart. Reboot. Close the app. Remove notifications. None of that crap worked.

Finally what I did was remove all the messages that were associated with the person that I believed is when it happened. So I did a search for that contact. I deleted all group messages, individual messages and anything that even mentioned this persons name.

That worked. It cleared out the notification.
Hope that helps!
This worked perfectly thanks!
Deadwalker15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2013, 08:40 AM   #47
pnoman
macrumors newbie

Select a message thread where you can scroll all the way up and select "Load Earlier Messages"

Then scroll up again and delete 2 messages, one that was sent and one that was recieved.

This did it for me...and I had 15 unread messages on my badge prior.

Hope it works for you too!
pnoman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 09:43 AM   #48
N.bartolucci
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoman View Post
Select a message thread where you can scroll all the way up and select "Load Earlier Messages"

Then scroll up again and delete 2 messages, one that was sent and one that was recieved.

This did it for me...and I had 15 unread messages on my badge prior.

Hope it works for you too!
This worked for me, but is bothering me the need to delete some text to resolve this issue…i hope that Apple will solve this soon.
N.bartolucci is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2014, 07:43 PM   #49
Eyesack
macrumors newbie

I was recently expiriencing this same issue where my badge app icon for iMessage was 'stuck' at 6 .. I read and tried all the different solutions other than resetting everything and starting from scratch. I did however get this fixed I simply just deleted a few of my more recent conversations, and it seemed to resolve this. I've seen people mention this before and say that it doesn't work. But I currently have an iphone 5 running on iOS 7.0.6 if that's helpful
Eyesack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:35 AM   #50
Kuka18
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieBalfour View Post
I had this, the problem was to do with iMessage. When I updated to iOS7, it created a new @icloud.com email address for iCloud. iMessage was automatically set to be sent via this path.

Go to:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see what options are checked. I unchecked the @icloud path and iMessages are being sent via my original path once again.

The unread messages badge was still showing so I deleted the text messages I suspected were causing the problem and it worked.
This worked for me y'all!!!! Follow exactly what this person highlighted. The only problem is that you have to know what text message you think is the "unread" one. I knew which one is was for me. When I delete the whole thread (it was a text I sent myself and never opened), it didn't disappear right away but if you were to restart or reset your phone afterwards it will work. For me, I just re-texted myself and deleted the text again and it worked!!! Yaaaasssss!!! Thank you so much!
Kuka18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7