Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1
KeanosMagicHat
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2012
Pages not refresing (Desktop) & Can't Search (iPhone)

I have 2 technical issues at the moment using the forum.

When on my laptop I have to manually refresh every page after I load it for the first time whether it be the index, page two of a thread or whatever.

If I don't do this, I don't see the latest posts and / or the system doesn't recognise me as logged in.

Have I tweaked a setting somewhere to turn auto refresh off or something?


Secondly, I always prefer to search the forum or a particular thread for previous posts on the same topic. Unfortunately on Safari on the iPhone, the drop down search menus don't work for me.

Any assistance, greatly appreciated.


_______

Seems I can't type the title either - it's meant to say Refreshing - oh well, it's late here in the UK, or early depending on which way you look at it.
KeanosMagicHat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:29 PM   #2
arn
macrumors god
 
arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanosMagicHat View Post
I have 2 technical issues at the moment using the forum.

When on my laptop I have to manually refresh every page after I load it for the first time whether it be the index, page two of a thread or whatever.

If I don't do this, I don't see the latest posts and / or the system doesn't recognise me as logged in.

Have I tweaked a setting somewhere to turn auto refresh off or something?
I'm not sure I understand. Does it do this in other browsers too?

arn
arn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:02 AM   #3
KeanosMagicHat
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Does it do this in other browsers too?

arn
Thanks for the reply.

I only ever use IE 8 on my aging laptop (getting replaced in the Jan sales) and Safari on my iPhone.

Safari doesn't have the refresh issue.

I literally have to refresh every time I access a new forum page on the laptop. So if I go to the iOS 7 forum index, for example, it won't show the current threads unless I refresh (and sometimes it doesn't show me as logged in until after refresh too).

Also, if I'm browsing a long thread on say, page 20, I won't see the latest posts until I refresh again.

If it's a particularly fast moving thread, I may see page 20 prior to refresh only to find out everyone else is already on page 22.

Last edited by KeanosMagicHat; Jun 25, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
KeanosMagicHat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 07:16 AM   #4
KeanosMagicHat
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanosMagicHat View Post
I have 2 technical issues at the moment using the forum.

When on my laptop I have to manually refresh every page after I load it for the first time whether it be the index, page two of a thread or whatever.

If I don't do this, I don't see the latest posts and / or the system doesn't recognise me as logged in.

Have I tweaked a setting somewhere to turn auto refresh off or something?

OK it seems someone must've been messing with the settings on my computer.

In IE 8,

Tools > Internet Options > Browsing history > Settings > Check for newer versions of stored pages

had been changed to 'Never' from 'Every time'

Thought I'd post in case others had the same problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanosMagicHat View Post
Secondly, I always prefer to search the forum or a particular thread for previous posts on the same topic. Unfortunately on Safari on the iPhone, the drop down search menus don't work for me.
Still an issue.

Is this the same for everyone please?
KeanosMagicHat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC